Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,295

0 members and 3,295 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Boaless, for now.

I'll have to take time and reflect on recent events.

In previous weeks, I had acquired a 'large' 6ft female Colombian, and a few month old male.

The female was a roller coaster for me. In terms that I was the only one in the household who wanted her. Others were uncomfortable and fearful of her due to her size, and that I didn't get her at a young age. So, I eventually did what I could and drove to a reptile expo, and found her a new home with a breeder. So now, she's in a much larger set up, and is working on making some morph babies. In return I was able to pick between a Kenyan Sand boa, or a Western Hognose. I ended up going with the Hognose, as I wanted one eventually anyways, and for the record, he is a wonderful snake.

The young male Colombian is a less fortunate story. He had troubles defecating a couple of weeks ago, and so I helped him. I ran his vent under warm water, and gently massaged his belly until everything passed. A couple of days after than situation, it was time to feed him. I offered a slightly smaller meal in hopes that it would be easier for him to pass. Unfortunately he regurged his meal within a couple of days. I became a bit worried, but decided that it was most likely stress from his problems, and so figured I'd give him a week without food so his stomach could recover.

On Halloween, I woke up, and my first thought was to check on him. He looked unusual, so I opened up the top and picked him up. Unresponsive. He was gone, and so I turned around and went back to bed. I just disconnected, and no longer felt like getting around for the day. Later that evening, when I awoke, I went to the shed, grabbed a shovel, and buried him.

So as I said, I'm going to reflect on this. I went over the scenarios again, and I'm not sure. Regardless, for now I'm going to focus on my pythons and hognose, who are all doing well. In time, I'll find the next opportunity to get a boa, and hopefully things will turn out better then.

I'll still be lurking around these boa subforums, but I figured I'd share my thoughts.

Thanks everyone.
    _____________Khulric_____________
    1.0 Common Snapping Turtle
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.2 Ball pythons
    1.4 Western Hognose
    1.0 Dumerils Boa
    0.3 Leopard Geckos

Thanks

Re: Boaless, for now.

So sorry about the little guy ! Maybe another time in the future will be better, at least you've still got your other snakes . Feel better, again sorry for your loss!
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    So sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, being disconnected. I think its a wise choice to step back and consider your direction. There's no shame in that! You might find yourself back with boas again one day and if not, perhaps something even better for you will come along! Life has a way of working out for the best...
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?