Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,155

0 members and 3,155 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,555
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Haplopelma lividum molted

My Haplopelma lividum female named Nightmare just molted for the first time with me so I figured I would share a pic. Well what you can see of her anyways - lol LUCKY for me she made her burrow right next to the side of the Kritter Keeper so I can sort of see her when I want

Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Awesome! Congrats on the good molt, and the burrow placement is quite sweet! I think I may just need one of these guys...
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

Thanks

Re: Haplopelma lividum molted

nice! what do you guys do with the molts? just throw theaway, or do you save some? they look like theyb make a really good prank on someone lol
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: Haplopelma lividum molted

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra V View Post
    Awesome! Congrats on the good molt, and the burrow placement is quite sweet! I think I may just need one of these guys...
    Thanks Alexa!!! I love my lividum!!! The blues on them in the right light are really electric and just pop!!! I got very lucky with her making her burrow Lon the side of the tank. I started a burrow for her under a big piece of cork bark in the center of the tank which she went in only a couple of times but for some reason decided to make her own from scratch on the side of the tank That's good for me though but I am surprised she went that route. I just filled the premade burrow enterance in so no feeders could hide in there.

My E. murinus was set up the same way but she used the premade burrow I put in and tailored it to her own likeings. She luckily did dig back far enough that she reached the back of the tank so I can sort of see her too but 9 times out of 10 it is just her butt I see Better then nothing though
    Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    nice! what do you guys do with the molts? just throw theaway, or do you save some? they look like theyb make a really good prank on someone lol
    Thanks!!! They all ultimately get thrown away usually with me. If i cant get to it without doing msjor damage to the area the tarantula is it will just stay there.

I used to keep an itch box where I kept all my molts when I first started but it served no purpose really so I stopped. If I got a nice one from a big tarantula I would possibly keep it for some kind of display or something but I imagine it would probably just be thrown out at some point in time too really.
    Jeff Bernard