Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,802

0 members and 2,802 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,138
Threads: 248,586
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, BertsMum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Thanks

Re: BHB reptiles/ Brian Barczyk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaball View Post
    Brian is my friend and I can guarantee you that he would never KNOWINGLY sell a sick or infested animal.

They ship sometimes up to a hundred snakes in a single day. It's hard to check every single animal closely enough, and B isn't always the one packing them.

I got a Ball from him a long time ago, and I picked it out myself. I looked it over to make sure it was healthy. It was perfectly fine. When I got home and let her down, I noticed a mite. She had mites, but at the shop (their lighting isn't the best lol) I couldn't tell. They do a great job at hiding sometimes.

B gets shipments from all over the world from all manner of people. In a collection of his size, you have to realize how easy it would be to spread. Yet he is still able to produce healthy animals.

Mites aren't that big of a deal once you know how to deal with them. Provent-A-Mite does the job. It should, with a name like that.

A couple times while working a show with Brian, I've found a sick snake in our display. For instance, I found a Mojave that showed signs of RI. We pulled the snake from the display so that no one would buy it. He wasn't about to sell a snake to someone if it had a chance of being sick. When he got back to the shop, that Mojave was completely fine. It was just stressed from the show. I think they need to crank up the heat at the expos.

Brian is one of my best friends. If you ever have a problem, call him up. He wants to help you. He truly does. Now remember to take into consideration how insanely busy he is. Whenever we hang out, his phone is going off CONSTANTLY. Seriously. Every time we get into a good conversation, someone calls.

So, to put to rest these so called "rumors", yes, there's a chance a snake from BHB might have mites. If you proactively spray Provent-A-Mite, it will never be a problem. Plus, Brian is a great guy who will do whatever it takes to help you out. Trust me.

Now, Lori on the other hand.

Just kidding. But honestly, anyone that has met her knows that at times, she gets extremely fed up with the entire snake thing. Which means she can be a little curt. She's an awesome person, though, and everyone should bake her cakes.

-Kaleb LaFaive

Im sorry but its his name at stake, I dont care if he is selling 10 or 1000 snakes a day. He has to do what he has to do. To make sure every animal that is leaving his building is 100%. Its his name at stake, with as big as his collection is, and the money he has invested. You would think not a single mite infested, sick, snake with stuck shed would leave the building. Im sorry but if you have to many snakes to properly take care of them. Then you have to many snakes. I dont care who you are.. Its his name, and he needs to do what ever he has to. To insure that these animals will be perfect when they ship.. Rather he has to check every bag,box,package. Or hire someone that he can train, and trust to do their job checking packages. Its on him, his name at stake.. I will never buy from BHB. Ive herd way to many bad things about them.. And sure mites alone are not that big of a deal. But what about the disease they can carry, and spread? Is that not a big deal? If it were you or me shipping out boxes of mite infested snakes. Our reputation would be ruined over night. And we would no longer be selling snakes just like that. But its ok because its BHB?
    Last edited by ama1997; 02-24-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks

Nothing like reviving a 3 year old thread

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    1.1yellow belly
    1.0 desert enchi
    1.0 pastel
    1.0 het russo
    1.0 lemon pastel
    0.1 spider
    2.0 normal

1.0 striped corn
    0.1.0 normal corn

1.0 columbian rianbow boa
    1.0 super hypo bci

0.2 leopard geckos

0.1.0 water dragon

Thanks

Bought a snake from them last year. It was a crystal ball python. Good eater and perfectly healthy. We looked at several morphs including the sunset. No signs of problems or mites.

Thanks

Sorry for once again reviving an old thread but I was curious to see if things have gotten any better with them. I recently purchased a BP from them that will be shipped out Tuesday and I was still wondering if mites were still a big issue with them?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    I actually havn't heard of issues recently with mites, but with the amount of animals they move there is always a risk, I bought a snake last month (not from bhb) and just noticed a couple mites yesterday. I even spray all new animal cages with Provent-a-mite, and they still managed to show up. Eggs can take a while to hatch and baby mites are really hard to see. I'm not even blaming the breeder, snake looked clean for nearly a month. That's why you qt. Now I have 1 snake with mites and one also in qt that has a risk of exposure. The rest of my collection is nearly no risk. Hardly a problem to manage. Qt no matter where you get the animal from and I suggest spray every new cage with Provent-a-mite.

bhb new drama is the lack of transparency with the scaleless gene that has quite a few people upset. But that whole different combo

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678