Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,698

2 members and 2,696 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,120
Threads: 248,562
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Luke50585
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Oh, I wouldn't even hesitate to buy from them, but no matter who you're buying from...always remember, quarantine.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

snakesRkewl (11-30-2011)

Thanks

Re: BHB reptiles/ Brian Barczyk

i bought a hypo rtb from him...no mites no issues healthy snake and a very nice hypo imo...i would be very happy to do busniss with him again
    1.0 albino BP Zeus
    1.0 lesser BP papa less
    1.0 spider BP Spiderman
    1.0 axanthic bp silver bullet
    0.1 spider BP Charlotte
    0.1 mojave BP Sandy
    0.1 pastel bp sunshine
    0.1 normal bp calypso
    0.1 het pied bp pandora

1.0 hypo het albino bci red tailed boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zee-man View Post
    I emailed BHB on November 21 to notify them of the goings on, that I had found mites, what I had done to treat them, and asked if they had any help/advice to offer. After all, I assumed paying over 1k I would receive some form of apology or advice/even thanks for notifying them to keep an eye on their collection that they may have an infestation. I've yet to receive a reply and at this point don't expect one.
    Z: You sent an e-mail Thanksgiving week. They had to prepare for the holiday plus they had to pack for the reptile expo in NY that weekend.

Did you use this address - bhb@comcast.net? Call Brian directly - 586-263-4686.

BTW, I checked out the snakes they had at the show on Sunday and did not see mites. I'm not sure how they could select only the mite-free snakes to bring to the show if they did have an infestation at their facility.

Good luck.

Thanks
    As far as I know hes got a good name,has lots of animals some are bound to be a issue on pure volume of sales
    WHITEMARSH BALL PYTHONS
    CAPTIVE BRED BY GREGORY J HALL

CHECKOUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL BELOW ALL BP's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GREGORYJHALL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...88827331178640
    410-206-9781

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maddumpling View Post
    I know another breeder that has one but she doesnt have the paperwork to prove she is a het, but she has produce albino babies from her. So I'm leaning more to BHB because he would have paperwork for this snake.
    Not to derail the discussion about BHB, but bear in mind that het paperwork is just that - paper that anyone can print out. It is only as good as the breeder it came from until the snake proves out for YOU.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

I got a het albino female from him last year it was healthy with no mites I would buy from them again.

Thanks
    Brian is my friend and I can guarantee you that he would never KNOWINGLY sell a sick or infested animal.

They ship sometimes up to a hundred snakes in a single day. It's hard to check every single animal closely enough, and B isn't always the one packing them.

I got a Ball from him a long time ago, and I picked it out myself. I looked it over to make sure it was healthy. It was perfectly fine. When I got home and let her down, I noticed a mite. She had mites, but at the shop (their lighting isn't the best lol) I couldn't tell. They do a great job at hiding sometimes.

B gets shipments from all over the world from all manner of people. In a collection of his size, you have to realize how easy it would be to spread. Yet he is still able to produce healthy animals.

Mites aren't that big of a deal once you know how to deal with them. Provent-A-Mite does the job. It should, with a name like that.

A couple times while working a show with Brian, I've found a sick snake in our display. For instance, I found a Mojave that showed signs of RI. We pulled the snake from the display so that no one would buy it. He wasn't about to sell a snake to someone if it had a chance of being sick. When he got back to the shop, that Mojave was completely fine. It was just stressed from the show. I think they need to crank up the heat at the expos.

Brian is one of my best friends. If you ever have a problem, call him up. He wants to help you. He truly does. Now remember to take into consideration how insanely busy he is. Whenever we hang out, his phone is going off CONSTANTLY. Seriously. Every time we get into a good conversation, someone calls.

So, to put to rest these so called "rumors", yes, there's a chance a snake from BHB might have mites. If you proactively spray Provent-A-Mite, it will never be a problem. Plus, Brian is a great guy who will do whatever it takes to help you out. Trust me.

Now, Lori on the other hand.

Just kidding. But honestly, anyone that has met her knows that at times, she gets extremely fed up with the entire snake thing. Which means she can be a little curt. She's an awesome person, though, and everyone should bake her cakes.

-Kaleb LaFaive
    Jacob's Heritage Ball Pythons

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaball For This Useful Post:

bigt0006 (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaball View Post
    Brian is my friend and I can guarantee you that he would never KNOWINGLY sell a sick or infested animal.

They ship sometimes up to a hundred snakes in a single day. It's hard to check every single animal closely enough, and B isn't always the one packing them.

I got a Ball from him a long time ago, and I picked it out myself. I looked it over to make sure it was healthy. It was perfectly fine. When I got home and let her down, I noticed a mite. She had mites, but at the shop (their lighting isn't the best lol) I couldn't tell. They do a great job at hiding sometimes.

B gets shipments from all over the world from all manner of people. In a collection of his size, you have to realize how easy it would be to spread. Yet he is still able to produce healthy animals.

Mites aren't that big of a deal once you know how to deal with them. Provent-A-Mite does the job. It should, with a name like that.

A couple times while working a show with Brian, I've found a sick snake in our display. For instance, I found a Mojave that showed signs of RI. We pulled the snake from the display so that no one would buy it. He wasn't about to sell a snake to someone if it had a chance of being sick. When he got back to the shop, that Mojave was completely fine. It was just stressed from the show. I think they need to crank up the heat at the expos.

Brian is one of my best friends. If you ever have a problem, call him up. He wants to help you. He truly does. Now remember to take into consideration how insanely busy he is. Whenever we hang out, his phone is going off CONSTANTLY. Seriously. Every time we get into a good conversation, someone calls.

So, to put to rest these so called "rumors", yes, there's a chance a snake from BHB might have mites. If you proactively spray Provent-A-Mite, it will never be a problem. Plus, Brian is a great guy who will do whatever it takes to help you out. Trust me.

Now, Lori on the other hand.

Just kidding. But honestly, anyone that has met her knows that at times, she gets extremely fed up with the entire snake thing. Which means she can be a little curt. She's an awesome person, though, and everyone should bake her cakes.

-Kaleb LaFaive

Right. Mites aren't that big of a deal.

Got it.

Bull Crap.

Mites are a big issue - whether you know how to deal with them or not. They take time, money and a considerable amount of effort to eradicate. The process of eradication carries a risk of poisoning to your snakes and they are a prime vector of disease.

I don't know Brian. It's nice to know that's he a great guy. I also don't know any of the people who have come forward to discuss the mite issues they are having with animals they have received from him.

It's also nice to know that a can of PAM will do the trick and that Brian will do whatever it takes to help a person out. But I can't figure something out.......... but hey, as long as you are shouldering that load of water, perhaps I can ask you why - when LGrey received three snakes with mites from BHB - he would not spring for a can of PAM and instead offered her a mere $5 to deal with a problem he inflicted on her? Doesn't sound like he exactly did whatever it took to help her out, does it?

These are not "rumors" that need to be put to rest. He has admitted that he had/has/is having a mite issue - period, end of story, fini. If we are to accept that this is the cost of doing business with a great guy like Brian, maybe he should ship out a can of PAM with every snake.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 01-04-2012 at 09:59 AM.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

CLSpider (01-04-2012),coldbloodaddict (01-04-2012),jason_ladouceur (01-04-2012),Kinra (01-04-2012),MazAnth (01-04-2012),twistedtails (01-04-2012),zeion97 (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I agree with Skip here mites are a big deal. I get that a place the size of BHB will have them every now and again. It is very likely that they will. The part I have issue with is if you know you have mites, why are you still shipping animals out? The crappy pet stores near me will not sell fish from a tank with health issues why is BHB? They should stop shipping until they get the mites eradicated.

Thanks
    I'm with Skiploader here all the way. What was not mentioned by him though, mites are a perfect host for IBD. They can and will carry it from one snake to another. With BHB importing animals all the time it is possible for them to have some kind of transmittable disease that a mite could feed on and transmit to your "perfectly healthy" snake. Also, don't be too sure your het from them will prove out. Do a search on this site and the BOI about BHB...You will find a thread about somebody who recieved a snake from a real good friend of his who got it form BHB that never proved out. He recieved the run-around on the issue and last I checked, never was compensated. Yeah, a lot of people say he didn't purchase it directly form BHB and all(although he did get it form a good freind of his). I'm a firm believer of the fact that genetic gauranties should transfer from the person selling to the ultimate home of the animal. BHB is not the only person with an adult het Albino female, they are out there just make some calls to the guy who have been in for a while. I'm sure somebody will sell you a het Albino female along the line.
    Mike

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast