Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,463

1 members and 3,462 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

2011 Montreal Reptile Expo

So I attended my first reptile expo yesterday in Montreal put on by Reptiles Canada. It was lots of fun and the breeders were quite friendly and willing to let you hold just about anything, even the specimens they had brought just for display.

Mostly what was available at the show was Ball Pythons and Geckos. A few tables had Beardies and I saw 2 or 3 tables with invertabrates. I think the largest snake I saw there was a Carpet Python about 9 feet and I took it out to hold it but this particular snake wasn't for sale and was quite rambunctious. There were quite a few Red Tail Boas but I was surprised that I didn't see any Burmese Pythons there.

Some of the more rare and exotic things I saw there were Alligator Snapping Turtles, Savanah Monitors, and Frilled Dragons. One table even had a Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman on display.

As far as prices go I found that there wasn't much of a savings on equipment but there was one guy who had some used stuff for pretty cheap. I got a used 12"x12" Zoo-Med UTH for $10.

Prices for animals ranged as low as $10 up to $6000. I picked up a normal male BP that hatched in August of this year for only $25. Although after I got him home and was looking him over I noticed a few things different about his colouing so I think I may have lucked out and gotten some kind of morph. I'll upload some pictures later tonight when he wakes up. His name is Hades and I got him from Ryck's Reptiles. www.rycks-reptiles.ca (website is in French)

So for $42 I got another snake, a UTH, and 2 weeks supply of frozen rats. Not too bad lol.

Here's some pics from the event. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics I just used my phone...

some horn worms...

my GF holding a beardie we were thinking of getting. He was 2 years old and only $40 begause he was missing a few toes but they were fully healed.

a gorgeous piebald for $800

This Savanah Monitor was for sale with his mate as a breeding pair for only $300

At the same table was a breeding pair of Alligator Snapping Turtles for $700

some nice Boas..

an adult Piebald

my GF holding our new little one

the breeder's table where we got our new snake

Did anybody from here go to this event?
    1.1 Normal BP's "Hades" and "Bella"
    0.1 BCI "Orchid"

Thanks
    I was there, tabling with Global Pet Foods! Great pics btw!
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

Thanks
    always love the expo pictures. thanks a ton for sharing.