Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,644

0 members and 2,644 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397

Thread: Cobra incarnate

Thanks

Cobra incarnate

See this little girl? This is a cobra incarnate.

Back story... you might remember the thread that I mentioned I'd bought a mystic. Problem is that mystic (which had just hatched) turned out to be a mojave after being looked at more closely, so the breeder got me a phantom instead (from another breeder he trusted). This is that phantom.

I had a choice between two different female phantoms, and both of them seemed pretty nice... this one was sweet and would crawl around my arm and hand and in general just be nice.

Took her home... oh my gosh! The next day (after she'd had some time to warm up) she turned into a COBRA!! Anything that was remotely near her was fair game to bite. Put a camera near her to take a photo? Strike! Put a hand near her? Strike! Even put a clipboard near her (we need one to put between her and her water bowl when changing the water or she'll strike) ... strike!!

Today I opened up her tub and she was sitting on her water bowl. Funny thing, if you open that tub, no matter where she is, she's always in the strike position. I looked at her, she looked at me, then she struck at my face. Granted she's still a little thing so all she managed to do was fall off her water bowl into the position on the picture... man I was laughing... what a little demon!

She shows her prey very little mercy... any rat pup put in front of her, she demolishes!! Any hands put in front of her... bam! She is a heat seeking missile that never misses her target.

Even things without heat she tries to bite.

She's probably the meanest little ball python I've ever come across. My cousin tried picking her up, and she was chill while he did the picking up, then suddenly decided she wanted to start biting his hand. He was not impressed.

It's so interesting how variable the personalities of these little guys are. I have little guys that ball up if you look at them... little guys that constantly try to get away if you hold them... little guys who chill in your hand when you pick them up... and her!

Her name is Karma, because she's a...

Hope you enjoyed this little story

BPnet Veteran EverEvolvingExotics's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haha, that's very funny. You just have to laugh at the little ones who act like that. My female ghost started off that way, now she is calm as can be.
    Specializing in Ball Pythons, New Caledonian Geckos, and African Fat Tails

Thanks
    Hahaha, sounds like my girl Sekhmet XD I've had her for just about a month now, and as long as I block her head while I'm picking her up I can handle her... as long as nothing near her moves quickly (and I keep her far away from my face XD). She's NEVER balled up while I've had her. She'll curl up to sleep, but never gotten into a real defensive ball. Fantastic appetite though ;D