Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,962

1 members and 2,961 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

snake lab / Chris Guida (split from "If it's too good to be true...")

Quote Originally Posted by snake lab View Post
    Its a money thing. No matter what i charge i will always be able to deal with other breeders. I have dealt with them for years and still will in the future. The bottom line is its a money thing. If ya got the cash they will sell you the animals. Noone is going to get black listed for dropping prices. Maybe if you were in the breeding/ buisness side of it you would understand.
    oh yeah? This has been coming for a while now. Time to call you out.

My name is Mike Cavanaugh. I am located in Jacksonville Florida on the Southside by Regency Square Mall. My cell phone number is (904) 318-3333. I breed ball pythons out of my house. I am licensed to show and sell class III animals (including ball pythons) in the state of Florida. I sell about 30% of my hatchlings thru craigslist. The other 70% are sold to returning customers and thru referrals. In 2011 I produced 129 hatchlings. I have an outstanding reputation. Feel free to ask around. I will be happy to provide references

So now that you know who I am what is your name again? What is the name of your business? If you are such a well known breeder, who has been in the business for as long as you claim, and have no worry of being black listed for your business practices... If you know all these big name breeders like you say you do... you should have no problem identifying yourself. In fact, if you ask the mods they will even change your username to your actual name.

1, 2, 3, go.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike Cavanaugh For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (10-11-2011),Anna.Sitarski (10-12-2011),ClarkT (10-12-2011),DemmBalls (10-12-2011),Focal X (10-12-2011),Jessica Loesch (10-12-2011),JLC (10-11-2011),Mft62485 (10-11-2011),Redneck_Crow (10-12-2011),RichsBallPythons (10-11-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: If it's too good to be true....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    oh yeah? This has been coming for a while now. Time to call you out.

My name is Mike Cavanaugh. I am located in Jacksonville Florida on the Southside by Regency Square Mall. My cell phone number is (904) 318-3333. I breed ball pythons out of my house. I am licensed to show and sell class III animals (including ball pythons) in the state of Florida. I sell about 30% of my hatchlings thru craigslist. The other 70% are sold to returning customers and thru referrals. In 2011 I produced 129 hatchlings. I have an outstanding reputation. Feel free to ask around. I will be happy to provide references

So now that you know who I am what is your name again? What is the name of your business? If you are such a well known breeder, who has been in the business for as long as you claim, and have no worry of being black listed for your business practices... If you know all these big name breeders like you say you do... you should have no problem identifying yourself. In fact, if you ask the mods they will even change your username to your actual name.

1, 2, 3, go.

Yes... Im waiting for his Name and Business name to come out. So we all can see who he really is and can see some interesting reads...

I know who he is, but i want him to come out about it,read some interesting long stuff about him
    Last edited by RichsBallPythons; 10-11-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    I know who he is, but i want him to come out about it,read some interesting long stuff about him
    "Anonymous" just ain't what it used to be...is it?
    -- Judy

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (10-12-2011),Kara (10-12-2011),llovelace (10-12-2011),Mike Cavanaugh (10-12-2011),RichsBallPythons (10-12-2011)

Thanks

My name is chris guida i worked for and was part owner of cmg reptiles. We were a breeder/ wholesaler of all reptiles. We did on average of 250 to 300 sales of live reptiles a month to individual customers as well as other vendors and pet stores. We bought from importers, captive breeders, and other wholesalers. We also did shows on the east coast. My #1 responsibillity within the company was online sales. In 2004 there was a series of events where we paid money out to a trusted local middle man on some animals and long story we got screwed. We didnt know this right away and we actually only have one confirmation that 1 single pair of hets didnt prove out. There were a couple other deals around that time that had issues. One was a deal where i sold a lady in connecticut a trio of grey banded kings. After recieving them she informed me one was dead or dying in the box during shipping. I asked her for pics of the dead snake. I didnt recieve any pics of that particular snake. I then offered her a replacement animal in good faith. She demanded a full refund. It went back and fourth and there was no way i was going to give a full refund when there was no proof to any of her claims. She decided to go on a rampage on fauna. Also there were a few people who mysteriouslly showed up posting comments about how we ripped them off. Come to find out they mysteriouslly dissapeared from fauna. The other deal was a deal between us and justin kobylka where we sent him a het pied male and a poss gravid het girl. Thisbwas a pair we bought from a local breeder that we trusted the genetics. We sent him a genetics gaurantee and even gauranteed a visual baby. I got burned on that. There was question about the authenticity of the pair after i got burned for a large sum of money on the buying of a collection. The cause of that mess was us dealing with 2 shady peoe that got us tied up in a few bad deals. The only deal that im aware of still open is the deal with justin. And that deal will get worked out. Now this started a big back and fourth between me and a scam artist named rob benisi. He sold some animals to someone else that we had sold to him and wanted us to gaurantee the genetics when he was known for ripping people off and there is plenty of feedback on him as well. The bottom line is obviouslly there was alot of poor buisness choices made by us in not protecting ourselves such as , we should have done photo identifying, shouldnt have bought so many animals at once . But at the end of the day we did 250 online transactions a month and we only had a few issues that werent issues of us trying to scam anyone. If we were then i wouldnt have gone back and fourth for months on fauna trying to defend cmg reptiles. Well the end of the story is my partner ended up cleanin me out of about 30k plus 15 racks and other supplies we had in storage for the buisness. He also ran off with a bunch of animals and made the local news when he got busted for animal neglect. But thats another story all together and one im not getting into. But yes i had a few bad deals but your never going to be perfect in buisness when you are running.through that kind of inventory. I have sent out emails to justin to get our deal taken care off. Now for those on the witch hunt run along and jump on fauna to try and poke holes in the situation or point fingers when you have no idea what went on. Oh yea that was 2005 havent had any deals go bad since. If i was trying to rip people off i wouldnt still be here and still having to defend myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

My name is chris guida i worked for and was part owner of cmg reptiles.
    CMG Reptiles...as in Chris M. Guida Reptiles? Sounds a bit more than a mere "employee" sort of relationship. And if you think being "part owner" somehow makes you less responsible for things...think again.

One was a deal where i sold a lady in connecticut a trio of grey banded kings. After recieving them she informed me one was dead or dying in the box during shipping. I asked her for pics of the dead snake. I didnt recieve any pics of that particular snake. I then offered her a replacement animal in good faith. She demanded a full refund. It went back and fourth and there was no way i was going to give a full refund when there was no proof to any of her claims.
    I can't get over how many different incarnations this story has. I read the thread. I don't recall you demanding pictures of the animal or any of that other nonsense. I DO recall you repeatedly LYING about resolving the issue with her and then utterly failing to follow through with multiple promises.

I also recall a far more recent statement (as within the last week) in which you claimed that the third kingsnake died "a month later due to bad husbandry". Really???

The other deal was a deal between us and justin kobylka ... I got burned on that.
    YOU got burned on that? Justin is the one out the money and time he spent on those snakes. How are YOU burned on a deal in which YOU kept the money?

And that deal will get worked out.
    How long were you going to wait? How many years has it been? How long did you plan to keep up this anonymous charade?

If i was trying to rip people off i wouldnt still be here and still having to defend myself.
    Shoulda woulda coulda..... How in the world do you expect anyone to believe anything you say when you started out your very presence here with deceit?

Maybe you're not intentionally making grand schemes to scam as much money as you can and run....BUT....your inability to demonstrate an ounce of integrity says a great deal about the wisdom of choosing to do business with you.
    -- Judy

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

DemmBalls (10-12-2011),llovelace (10-12-2011),Mike Cavanaugh (10-12-2011),RichsBallPythons (10-12-2011),wolfy-hound (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

If i was trying to rip people off i wouldnt still be here and still having to defend myself.
    Of course, had you never ripped anyone off you wouldn't be here either.

Reckon you haven't thought of that yet, eh?
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    You people seriouslly have nothing better to do then be internet super heros do you? One of your admins or mods took a private message i sent them and got this started on this site. That too me is funny in itself. Secondly mike griffin and chip doss were the others involved with me at cmg reptiles so great conclusion on the matching of letters. Touche. I talked to ellen in email extensively funny how she never seemed to share any of that. And when she wanted replacement animals and i finally came up with a fix with her she was unreasonable. I never got a dead snake pic nor a dead snake.back.nor 2 live ones so what do i owe her? You people who sit back chompin at the bit to crucify someone on an internet deal that has 2 sides and you are only listening to one all because you select few have had an axe to grind with me for awhile all because i comment on something your group doesnt agree with. Yes i made mistakes starting out in buisness, havent made any more. Yes i trusted people i shouldnt have and lacked some knowledge at the time, this is why i handle everything myself now and dont have any other hands in the cookie jar. This is seriouslly going to get comical. You can all gang up on me once again. Come cavanaugh i know your chompin at the bit. Bottom line is in 12 years all you can dig up on me is a couple bad deals and a few bandwagon jumpers. Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Of course, had you never ripped anyone off you wouldn't be here either.

Reckon you haven't thought of that yet, eh?
    Actually smart guy after all the back and fourth on fauna i gave up on trying to defend myself to the same couple people and the sewing circle so i left. The only reason i joined here was to keep tabs on someone who stole some animals locally if you want to know the truth. Then i give an oppinion on something and must have peed on mike fire hydrant cause ever since then ive been attacked by the same group time after time. I thought it was a moderators job to moderate not instigate. I may be misunderstanding how that works

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    So do you have Justins 1200$ you owe him from the agreed letter you signed. Dont take 5 years to pay him back.

Hell Justin was nice enough to say paypal him just $400 and that NEVER happened.

You may of messed up big, but youve yet to rectify the wrongs with the money that was owed back. This is why people on the forums seem to be on a witch hunt towards you as the dots were connected a while ago.

Thanks
    And jlc i was part owner. I put up 10k to match to get the buisness started in 1999

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast