Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,805

3 members and 2,802 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,544
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks

Thread: Snake Loose :(

Thanks

Snake Loose :(

Any ideas on how to "catch" a BP who has gotten loose? I feel like I've looked everywhere.

Thanks
    Mine showed her tiny hatchling face when I brought out the rats to feed to the rest of my collection. She just suddenly appeared in the middle of the room! I guess a tasty rat is just too delicious to pass up!
    Last edited by JulieInNJ; 10-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    0.1 Dinker (Goliath), 1.1 Het Ghost (Hercules & Athena), 1.0 Lesser (Titan), 0.1 Het Albino (Arya), 0.1 Wild Caught (Cleopatra), 1.1 Het VPI Axanthic (Perseus & Aphrodite), 1.0 Albino (Midas), 1.0 Butter (Samson), 0.1 Spider (Delilah), 1.1 Mojave (Apollo & Pandora), 0.1 Yellowbelly (Venus), 1.1 Het Pied (Isis & Osiris), 1.0 Bumblebee (Orion), 1.0 (Poss G Stripe) Pied (Spartacus), 0.1 Normal (Bandit), 1.0 Albino Burm (Caesar),2.1 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, 0.0.1 African Dwarf Frog, 0.0.2 Vicious Fishes, 1.0 child, 1.0 husband

In Loving Memory: 1.0 Pastel Zeus, 0.1 het Albino Anya

I'm a girl, I have snakes, I have tattoos, and I have piercings.

The more I talk to humans, the more I prefer my snakes.

http://www.iherp.com/julieinnj

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieInNJ For This Useful Post:

pigfat (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Check all warm spots. If there is any wY out of the room then put a line of baby powder on the threshold so you can see if he crosses it to get out. Prey items could work, also put down a bowl of water just incase. I had a gaboon get loose about 8 years ago,( facility went into defcon) and i put out a stansfield heat pad and plugged it in, turned all the lights out for the day and that joker was on that pad when i went back about 6 hours later.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Found him!!! I FINALLY got a mouse after our stupid pet store opened and got some baby powder and went home, put the mouse in a cage, set the box the mosue was in in another room and put powder along the doorframes and after I did the bathroom "the last room" I looked up and he was sitting in the corner with his head raised up saying "Oh, hey...sup" So I picked him up and then offered him a mouse and he took it like a champ, even though he's used to rats. Hope he doesn't think he was rewarded for his bad behavior lol.

Registered User Seleno Moon Child's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Snake Loose :(

Quote Originally Posted by pigfat View Post
    Found him!!! I FINALLY got a mouse after our stupid pet store opened and got some baby powder and went home, put the mouse in a cage, set the box the mosue was in in another room and put powder along the doorframes and after I did the bathroom "the last room" I looked up and he was sitting in the corner with his head raised up saying "Oh, hey...sup" So I picked him up and then offered him a mouse and he took it like a champ, even though he's used to rats. Hope he doesn't think he was rewarded for his bad behavior lol.
    LOL! That's usually how it happens! Fortunately unlike mammels they never go far when they get out. They just find a place to chill and hide out for a while!
    0.1 'Ghost Morph' Ball Python (Regula Regalia)
    0.1 Mojave Ball Python (Imhotep)
    1.0 Colombian Red Tail Boa (Rosey Red)