Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,134

0 members and 1,134 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,581
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Anyone getting the new iPhone 4s?

I have exactly 171 days until I am eligible for an upgrade. And I will definitely be getting an iPhone 4S. Probably the 64GB..... Then I plan on puting my 32Gb touch and my HTC hero in a drawer. Just in case something happens and I have to go back to carrying two devices. CAN'T WAIT.......
    Last edited by snakecharmer3638; 10-12-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    ***Tony S.***

Thanks
    171 days the 5 should be out.
    Was looking forward to upgrading my 3g to a 5, before the 4s was available. Bought a LG thrill instead and can't say i regret it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rperry03 View Post
    171 days the 5 should be out.
    Was looking forward to upgrading my 3g to a 5, before the 4s was available. Bought a LG thrill instead and can't say i regret it.
    Yeah the 5 is probably only about a year away. But I really like the design of the 4. And if they fixed the problems that the 4 was having with the 4S then I will be very happy. The good thing about not being able to upgrade right now is that I can sit back and wait for the reviews before I make the purchase....
    ***Tony S.***

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts
    Been using the 4s all morning and it's pretty sweet. Siri actually works like it's supposed to and the entire phone is just quicker.
    --Walt

5. The Following User Says Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

snakecharmer3638 (10-12-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    Been using the 4s all morning and it's pretty sweet. Siri actually works like it's supposed to and the entire phone is just quicker.
    Not that I will be getting an iPhone (ever, lol) but I'm curious about Siri. Have you (or could you ) compared that to vlingo or voice actions?
    I use, rarely, voice actions and find it pretty good for what it is. I just don't find the need for voice commands often really but do like to have it available. I just wonder how Siri stacks up, or what makes it that different since voice commands have been around for a long while now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts
    It's more like artificial intelligence than just simple voice command. It realizes the context in which you say things and you can speak normally.
    A cool thing too is that you can simply pick up the phone and put it up to your ear to start using it. You can say "Set reminder to pick up Cheerios at the grocery store next time I'm there" and it will use location services and pop up the next time you're in a grocery store. Hold the phone to your ear and say "set alarm for 5:30am" and you're done. It's sweet.
    I asked "how many calories in a Mcdonald's Big mac" and it responded within the app with all nutritional info. It's in Beta right now, but it's super promising.
    Texting is super easy and efficient with Siri as well.
    --Walt

Thanks
    Thanks.
    I guess I did know it was more advanced but never fully believe the hype about anything. I like to hear what real peeps have to say. It does indeed sound promising!
    I do use the voice actions app, as I said, more for fun than function. It does texting, searching, dialing, emails etc. quite well. Mostly use it for dialing while driving.
    Siri is getting a lot of press so I was curious if it lived up to the claims and it seems like it does.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12