Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,281

1 members and 3,280 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Angry BAD GUY Glades Herp Farm Inc

I bought a Hermann Tortoise from Glades Herp Farm Inc on Tuesday 9/27/11. I made a payment through paypal and sent them an email right away to coordinate the shipping on Wednesday for Thursday’s delivery and asked them if they are able to send me a healthy, good looking tortoise. Robroy sent me an email that we’re good to go. They will ship it out on Wednesday night.

I emailed and called Robroy for the fed ex tracking #, but no response. I emailed a total of 3 emails asking for the tracking #, and finally he responded on Thursday. He said that he is traveling, so he’ll let his staff know to contact me. I have not heard from them so I called their office again. They finally picked up and told me they did not have my order shipped.

I decided I should just ask for a refund since their customer service was terrible. The guy I spoke to said he’ll make it work for me. He’ll pick out a healthy tortoise and also send me pictures of the animal I’ll be receiving. I agreed and said yes. So I told him please ship it Thursday for Friday’s delivery.

On Thursday, I sent emails requesting for the tracking # but no response again. I emailed them for the 3rd time and finally received an email with the tracking # on Friday morning.

I received the package at 10:10am and opened it right away. When I took the tortoise out, his right eye is infected. His right eye was swollen. I contacted Robroy and his team regarding this issue. I did not receive any response, nor phone calls from them. I sent a total of 4 emails and made several calls to their office. I don’t know what to do now. I would like them to either exchange the tortoise, or issue me a refund. Can I please get some suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Orijin0XazN; 10-01-2011 at 03:01 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Orijin0XazN For This Useful Post:

Melody (10-01-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: BAD GUY Glades Herp Farm Inc

I moved this to our Inquiry/Feedback forum. It's more likely to get found by someone searching for feedback on Glade Herps this way.

Sounds like a pretty lame situation and a whole lotta excuses. Based on what you've described, I wouldn't WANT an exchange from them, because I wouldn't trust the quality of their animals or their ability/willingness to send another.

In your shoes, I'd ask for a partial refund and keep the animal. I wouldn't hold my breath for the refund, but I WOULD give them a chance to make it at least somewhat better. And if they balk and refuse to offer any sort of compensation for sending out a sick animal, then I'd do what you're doing now, and spread the word far and wide about the experience.
    -- Judy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

decensored (01-03-2012),dogdayofsummer (10-01-2011)

House Snakes Addict... Aes_Sidhe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 848 Posts
    The problem with Glades Herp Farm Inc that Robert and Steve traveling now with promotion of "Swamp Brothers' so everything is handled by persons working fort hem...
    I never personally deal with them.. . but I hope that Issue will be positively resolved...

CLICK HERE to LIKE The RLReptiles on FACEBOOK

Rafal Lisinski

1.0 Striped African House Snake "Marduk"
    0.1 Striped African House Snake Ishtar
    1.0 black phase Brown House Snake Seth
    0.1 black phase Brown House Snake Nephthys

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aes_Sidhe View Post
    The problem with Glades Herp Farm Inc that Robert and Steve traveling now with promotion of "Swamp Brothers' so everything is handled by persons working fort hem...
    No excuse for sick animals, or poor customer service.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (10-01-2011),decensored (10-03-2011),dogdayofsummer (10-01-2011),Jessica Loesch (11-14-2011),Mft62485 (03-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I'd return it for a full refund. No need to run up a vet bill on a sick animal. Use the returned funds to buy from a seller that won't screw you over. So sorry you're having to go through this, and I hope you get it resolved.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: BAD GUY Glades Herp Farm Inc

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I'd return it for a full refund. No need to run up a vet bill on a sick animal. Use the returned funds to buy from a seller that won't screw you over. So sorry you're having to go through this, and I hope you get it resolved.
    I am trying to get a full refund, but they are not picking up their phone, nor returning any of my emails.

House Snakes Addict... Aes_Sidhe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by llovelace View Post
    No excuse for sick animals, or poor customer service.
    Unfortunately You absolutely right...

CLICK HERE to LIKE The RLReptiles on FACEBOOK

Rafal Lisinski

1.0 Striped African House Snake "Marduk"
    0.1 Striped African House Snake Ishtar
    1.0 black phase Brown House Snake Seth
    0.1 black phase Brown House Snake Nephthys

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aes_Sidhe For This Useful Post:

decensored (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Unfortunately, that's only an option IF the seller is responsive and willing.

I DO hope they get on the ball and help you get this resolved to your full satisfaction. It'd be a shame if Glades Herp Farm lets their business name get trashed because they're too busy running around the country promoting a silly TV show.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Glades Herp has more bad deals than just this one(BOI), and some seem to predate the show. With their track record, I don't think I'd reccoemend anyone buy from them until they've cleaned up their act.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Unfortunately this inst the first bad thing that I have heard about Glades...I think Robby is to busy with Swamp Brothers and Robroy is being left with to much responsability. This is a fauna BOI Claim where Robroy is accused of refusing to pay for some hots he brought from Germany....http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=229193

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast