Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,387

2 members and 3,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    I don't see anything wrong with giving it a go. I think they are cool snakes, but I do understand where some people are coming from in terms of being responsible. For example, I've bred axolotls for years and the axolotl has become so interbred with other species of salamander, morphs, etc. that it is now nothing like it was in the wild. Which is really a shame because they are now virtually extinct in the wild, but the captive specimens are impossible to reintroduce (because they have changed so much from the original species).

In other words I think some people are afraid that hybriding will become so popular that eventually a ball python will really be part blood, or someone buys a ball and later finds out its part blood python.

I understand both sides, but to each their own.

Thanks

Re: Trying at BloodBalls..

any progress coolio??
    spooky

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.spooky View Post
    any progress coolio??
    spooky

+1

Thanks
    it hasn't been that long...i wonder what happened though?? I'm all for mixed breeds, actually. though i haven't been into snakes for more than a year, i know with some other species it is the strong and healthy genetic traits that survive...so why not? *stirs the pot* and no i didn't read through 9 pages of opinion. i just posted *lol*

Thanks
    I too am interested in what's going on Tiffany! I personally love hybrids and wouldn't mind dappling in it myself. Chad wants bateaters badly and I love burmballs
    *Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMcFly View Post
    This is to the people who called it a "mutt" which I guess is obvious. I mean, I get that you don't like the idea and I completely respect that. Don't bag on someone elses goals. If she produces these she's not going to get enough to come close to flooding the market or anything.

This is the to the people who call MUTTS a HYBRID or a collaboration of the two species names ....

You can polish a turd, but it's still a TURD..

it only takes one leak to stain a carpet

from the looks of this thread it's a lost cause but it can be turned into something hilarious with a few more of these...
    Last edited by ChrisK; 12-10-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: not enough bananas

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisK For This Useful Post:

bwt501 (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    @ChrisK:

Mutts are animals of the same species where clearly defined distinct long-term breeding lineages have been crossed.

Hybrids aren't mutts.

Calling a hybrid a hybrid isn't "calling a turd" something else. It's using the correct scientific term in an unbiased way to describe a particular animal. Feel free to leave biased (either for OR against) and incorrect terminology at the door, this isn't the place for it.

I'm no fan of the various short-tailed python hybrids I've seen, and you won't see me getting excited about someone pursuing that project. I just prefer to see correct terminology applied, especially when someone is trying to say that the correct terminology is "incorrect".

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

cmack91 (12-16-2011),Jessica Loesch (12-10-2011),kitedemon (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I don't really have any comments about hybrids either way and also don't have very much interest aside from a passing curiosity but like mainbutter accuracy in terms matters...

A cockapoo is a mutt of sorts a cross between a domestic dog and a domestic dog (cocker spaniel and toy poodle) exactly the same as most royal morphs a BEL is a cross between a lesser and mojave for example.

A hybrid between a male donkey and female horse is a mule (female donkey and male horse is a hinny) and have been bred for a great many years.

hybrids sometimes work out well, mules for example and not so well, killer bees... (european honey bee with african bee)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kitedemon For This Useful Post:

Jessica Loesch (12-10-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    @ChrisK:

Mutts are animals of the same species where clearly defined distinct long-term breeding lineages have been crossed.

Hybrids aren't mutts.

Calling a hybrid a hybrid isn't "calling a turd" something else. It's using the correct scientific term in an unbiased way to describe a particular animal. Feel free to leave biased (either for OR against) and incorrect terminology at the door, this isn't the place for it.

I'm no fan of the various short-tailed python hybrids I've seen, and you won't see me getting excited about someone pursuing that project. I just prefer to see correct terminology applied, especially when someone is trying to say that the correct terminology is "incorrect".
    Haha I'm sure glad I double checked my spelling.....
    Last edited by ChrisK; 12-10-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    *smile*
    Last edited by mainbutter; 12-10-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: smileys aren't working for me?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast