Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,371

3 members and 3,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Last week all my hide boxes were transformed into Sukkah and my snakes ate all their F/T inside of them.
    - Lon D.

Thanks

Re: Trying at BloodBalls..

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    LOL, well if it comes to where I'm the true decider of the name, if I produce the first Blood x Ball hatchling, then I will choose a much more decent name than "BloodBall" .

I am definitely hoping for something cool as what you described ! Hopefully the orange in my Blood's coloration will kick in with the babies.
    you could call it a "bloald" lol, pronounce that however you want, i was just trying to get a good mix of the letters, i actually like bloodball though, it sounds cool, or the fatball haha
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    you could call it a "bloald" lol, pronounce that however you want, i was just trying to get a good mix of the letters, i actually like bloodball though, it sounds cool, or the fatball haha
    I can't even pronounce that lol

Bloodball would be a suiting name. It's pretty straight forward and would help avoid confusion
    Brittany Davis
    0.1 Snow BCI- Isis
    1.0 Hypo Motley het Albino BCI- Rupert

Ball pythons
    1.0 Champagne, 1.0 Albino Spider, 1.0 Savannah, 0.2 Normal, 0.1 Het Toffee, 0.1 Black Butter,
    0.1 Spider, 0.2 Pastel, 0.1 Enchi, 0.1 Albino

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
    Last week all my hide boxes were transformed into Sukkah and my snakes ate all their F/T inside of them.
    BORNEOS BABY, JUST BORNEOS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to YOSEF For This Useful Post:

bwt501 (10-26-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bad-one View Post
    I can't even pronounce that lol

Bloodball would be a suiting name. It's pretty straight forward and would help avoid confusion
    i agree
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks

That is one beautiful girl you have there! She'll make such wonderful baby bloodballs.

Keep us updated. I can't wait to do this pairing myself. I need to get me a full grown girl, but I'll probably pair mine up with some morphs to see what I get.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    But for those wanting to know how things have been going, I have only paired them once. The Blood was tail wagging and seemed very interested, but the Ball was busy checking out his surroundings. I may hold off with the breeding until Spring so I can get plenty of more meals in her and so she has her clutch at a later time than my Ball pythons do. Then the clutch can be monitored singularly in the incubator.

Also good luck to the others who are lurking around this project .
    haha,,,, i got just the opposite,,, my female blood showed zero intrest...... all we can do is keep trying!!!!
    spooky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    I'm a few days late to weigh in on some things, but better late than never, hmmm?

1. It's true that Tiff asked for advice on how to go about safely breeding two different species...she did not ask for opinions on whether it was a good idea or not. BUT...it's very common for threads to meander around in many different directions from their original topic. Within reason, there is nothing wrong with that.

2. We DO have a forum for "haters"...it's called QT. If you want to know more about it, PM me. If this thread were to veer waaayyyy off the path and turn into a mean-spirited peeing contest, then those specific posts may get pruned out and moved to QT. But just because people are expressing opposing opinions, and just because some are less diplomatic about it than others does NOT mean it needs moderator attention. We try not to stomp on people's legitimate opinions.

3. We could easily create a "hybrid only forum" for such discussions....but that would do absolutely nothing to stop the "haters" from continuing to express their opinions on the matter. In reality, the topic of hybrids is relatively rare and it would simply not gain enough traffic to make it worth the time and the site real-estate it would consume. I do not believe just because we had some forum labeled "hybrids" that suddenly everyone would be recording all their clutches and failures and keeping strict records about who bred what and who sold what to whom. It just doesn't work that way.

4. Tiffany is a very responsible young lady, judging by everything I've ever seen her post on here. I have no doubt that she could and would follow through with due diligence in both making sure her snakes are kept safe, as well as making sure the babies are well cared for, well documented, and sold to the right people.

5. It's my HOPE that Tiffany also realizes that starting a thread about hybrids, no matter what the original question was, is bound to invite dissenting opinions...and not all of them very nice. I hope she doesn't take it personally and I hope that she and others will realize that disagreements over always hotly debated subjects should not reflect poorly on BP.net as a whole.

Tiffany....good luck with whatever you decide to do! I hope you'll keep us up to date with it, but I can understand if you want to avoid these sort of tangential arguments that will pop up anytime anyone brings up hybrid threads.
    on your #3, ill agree with you (some what). i think that the reason for the ????compassion??? of the "true" breeders is valid, and i can respect their opinions, but where else is someone going to post about hybrids? its like throwing a sheep into the wolfs. im sure that if there was a section for hybrids, there would be a few people that had nothing better to do than to bash would show up,,,, but its less likley.. i feel like when there are post about hybrids,,were stepping on the toes of others,, and in some wierd way, i can understand how they feel.
    its true, the subject of hybrids is relatively rare, but weather some like it or not,, there here. we might be suprised in the intrest that would develop if people could talk freely about the subject without getting slamed. as far as the realistate,,, theres a section for almost every other creature on here, ie. fish, horses, and the likes.
    and ill totally agree with you on this statement " I do not believe just because we had some forum labeled "hybrids" that suddenly everyone would be recording all their clutches and failures and keeping strict records about who bred what and who sold what to whom. It just doesn't work that way." this is true, as its been proved time and time again in the BP comunity.
    this is a great sight, and iv learned ALOT here, and spent countless hours reading here,, its just a shame that i need to go to other sights to read about hybrids.
    just my LOOOOONG 2c worth..
    thanks
    spooky

Frederick, Maryland by way of Memphis Ten-a-key
    Thanks
    sorry for my language, but if you're going to be a bit of an ass and call it a "mutt" so definitevly you should know that by definition a mutt is a mixbreed dog. Only dog, no other animal.

So...no..it's not a mutt.
    "I said, no more shines. Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. I don't shine shoes anymore."

0.1 RugRat
    1.0 Ball Python (Albino)
    1.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Normal)

My iHerp, recently started.

http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...e-d42c41a88781

Frederick, Maryland by way of Memphis Ten-a-key
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMcFly View Post
    sorry for my language, but if you're going to be a bit of an ass and call it a "mutt" so definitevly you should know that by definition a mutt is a mixbreed dog. Only dog, no other animal.

So...no..it's not a mutt.
    This is to the people who called it a "mutt" which I guess is obvious. I mean, I get that you don't like the idea and I completely respect that. Don't bag on someone elses goals. If she produces these she's not going to get enough to come close to flooding the market or anything.
    "I said, no more shines. Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. I don't shine shoes anymore."

0.1 RugRat
    1.0 Ball Python (Albino)
    1.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Normal)

My iHerp, recently started.

http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...e-d42c41a88781

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast