Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,354

2 members and 3,352 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Trying at BloodBalls..

Ps
    The animals referred to as "Superballs" are ball python (Python regius) x Borneo short-tail python (Python breitensteini)

Ball python(Python regius) x blood python (Python brongersmai) has yet to be successfully done. Of the 2 people I've heard that bred and got eggs, they all died in incubation.

Just clarifying as the offspring wouldn't be "superballs"... bloods and borneo short-tails are completely separate species, thus yielding different offspring, should one choose to hybridize them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodpython_MA View Post
    Ps
    The animals referred to as "Superballs" are ball python (Python regius) x Borneo short-tail python (Python breitensteini)

Ball python(Python regius) x blood python (Python brongersmai) has yet to be successfully done. Of the 2 people I've heard that bred and got eggs, they all died in incubation.

Just clarifying as the offspring wouldn't be "superballs"... bloods and borneo short-tails are completely separate species, thus yielding different offspring, should one choose to hybridize them.
    Thanks for that info. I suppose I would just refer to them as BloodBalls, if the breeding goes through.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    Thanks for that info. I suppose I would just refer to them as BloodBalls, if the breeding goes through.
    Aww, come on, I'm sure you can come up with a better hybrid name than that! Something truely awesome!

And personally, if I could actually keep snakes at the moment (they aren't allowed where I'm at), I'd probably be interested in keeping a baby. At the very least, discovering the quirks of a whole new animal that no one has ever had before would be worth it in my books!

And if they turn out to be gorgeous lookers, all the better! Who knows, maybe they'll turn out to look like balls, but with bright Blood coloration and patterns.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ Terry Pratchett

1.0 Dachshund/Pomeranian mix (Loki)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDemon View Post
    Aww, come on, I'm sure you can come up with a better hybrid name than that! Something truely awesome!

And personally, if I could actually keep snakes at the moment (they aren't allowed where I'm at), I'd probably be interested in keeping a baby. At the very least, discovering the quirks of a whole new animal that no one has ever had before would be worth it in my books!

And if they turn out to be gorgeous lookers, all the better! Who knows, maybe they'll turn out to look like balls, but with bright Blood coloration and patterns.
    LOL, well if it comes to where I'm the true decider of the name, if I produce the first Blood x Ball hatchling, then I will choose a much more decent name than "BloodBall" .

I am definitely hoping for something cool as what you described ! Hopefully the orange in my Blood's coloration will kick in with the babies.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    In all honesty, the breeding of different dog breeds can be more detrimental to the resulting offspring than hybridizing some snake species.

Take breathing challenged breeds for example. They've been bred for their looks, but they end up having horrible breathing problems, especially as they age. I've seen dogs like that struggling for breath just because they got excited, yet people think those breeds are so cute and wonderful. What about the big breeds like Great Danes that have heart problems. Or dogs that have hip problems or other genetic diseases.

My opinion on breeding snake hybrids is as long as the resulting offspring are healthy and can function normally I see no problem with breeding for hybrids. Of course the breeding and offspring should be carefully documented.
    What about what the Torah says? ( Lev. 19:19) .....the Hebrew is quite clear that mixing different species of animals is forbidden. .....food for thought.
    BORNEOS BABY, JUST BORNEOS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YOSEF View Post
    What about what the Torah says? ( Lev. 19:19) .....the Hebrew is quite clear that mixing different species of animals is forbidden. .....food for thought.
    This is no place for a religious debate. That book means nothing to me as an atheist... Might as well say "barney loves hybrids. I love Barney, so therefore, hybrids are okay"

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bloodpython_MA For This Useful Post:

aahmn (10-26-2011),adamsky27 (10-25-2011),Annageckos (11-27-2011),CLSpider (12-10-2011),Egapal (10-25-2011),FIREball (10-25-2011),heathers*bps (12-09-2011),Mft62485 (10-25-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YOSEF View Post
    Great point. So hybrids are as bad as polyester cotton blend shirts or the average persons home garden.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodpython_MA View Post
    This is no place for a religious debate. That book means nothing to me as an atheist... Might as well say "barney loves hybrids. I love Barney, so therefore, hybrids are okay"
    I was NOT trying to start a religious debate. All I said was " food for thought".
    My comment was NOT to you.
    Whether you believe or don't believe " that book " is of no concern of mine.

I ALWAYS keep my comments polite......even when someone is RUDE.

Shalom,
    Yosef.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to YOSEF For This Useful Post:

cmack91 (12-16-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Egapal View Post
    Great point. So hybrids are as bad as polyester cotton blend shirts or the average persons home garden.
    .....the Hebrew says not to mix species of ANIMALS.....then it says not to mix seeds, then it says that a garment of wool AND linen mixture shall not be worn.

AGAIN, I wasn't trying to start a debate ....or a fight.

Shalom,
    Yosef

Thanks
    Ok, that's definitely enough for me. This thread has now crashed!
    1.0 normal (Hades)
    1.1 pastel (Snatch and Gypsy)
    1.0 pinstripe (Capone)
    0.1 spider pos het ghost
    1.0 mojave (Shrinked)
    2.3 kidz
    1.0 cat (The Cat)
    0.1 Hog Island Boa(BCI) (Calypso)
    1.2 rats (Dallas, Pinky and Bella)

0.1 sexy wife!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CCfive For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (10-25-2011),CoolioTiffany (10-26-2011),Thom Noble (10-26-2011)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast