Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,182

1 members and 3,181 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Re: Trying at BloodBalls..

Quote Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
    This is where the thread went, so deal with it. You seem to have a very strong vested interest in steering this thread back on course. At this point it seems improbable. Hybrid discussions amongst blood keepers is always fuel for a good keyboard showdown.

How about you grow up and learn a little respect. Not for me though because I could take this to pm or one of my other forums where we are really open.
    You want a good "keyboard showdown" but yet you know not how to keep on topic.
    This is one of the biggest problems on ALL msg boards.............some people dont know how to say "I dont know" and leave it alone. Direct questions deserve direct answers.
    I am done with my rant and will not keep this off topic.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

cmack91 (10-21-2011),King's Royal Pythons (10-21-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YOSEF View Post
    I am a fan of pure species. I can't see why someone would want to breed to make mutts. Why not focus energy on producing stellar animals of whatever species you enjoy working with?

I love Borneo pythons and if I ever was sold a mutt as a pure Borneo I would freaking snap !

I think it is unethical to cross species.

Just my opinion.

Yosef
    i see it kinda like dogs, i personally love pit bulls and labs equally, but would much rather have a mix of the two
    Last edited by cmack91; 10-21-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks
    Once again- I present- DANCING BANANAS-
    - Lon D.

Thanks
    Now if that doesnt kill this thread, I dont know what will!
    - Lon D.

Thanks

Www.hybridHaven.net
    For anyone LEGITIMATELY interested in hybrids.
    This is a blood python/short-tail python section.
    Not a hybrids section, thus anything involving other species isn't appropriate for this section, if you WANT to split hairs. JUST SAYING.
    I don't care if it's legitimately interesting, or your opinions on the matter(or my own). The VAST majority of short-tail python keepers HATE hybrids. It's not too long ago that these 3 species were OFFICIALLY separate and acknowledged as separate species.
    So try to understand why the majority of REAL short-tail keepers want to keep the species pure. Honestly, I'm not a "CRAZY PURIST" burn them at the stake kinda person. But to see people saying that are points aren't even valid, makes it a sad day in my book.

Thanks
    I don't know much about that website or how good it is, but to be honest, I sort of do wish there was a hybrid section here.

Why?

Because since it is such a sensitive topic that could go so wrong--don't we want to be WELL aware of what's going on in the hybrid world? Know who is producing them, selling them, buying them, etc? Having them here (even if it's a hidden section like the QT section) means that we could make sure nothing dangerous is happening. If we start seeing clutch after clutch of dead and dying babies we can say HEY..this is a bad idea. Make sure we have the experienced keepers who are here to help the lives of these animals.

I think hybrids are GOING to be made..whether it's accepted by the community or not. I for one do not want it to be an underground secret, because if no one knows about them or talks about them, it seems like it's that much easier for someone to accidentally introduce them into a pure blood line. I think SERIOUS amounts of public written down facts need to be seen. Maybe using iherp or something similar--Easily traceable lines, well known parents and babies, etc.

If people have to hide from the community to make the animals they want, there are going to be a lot of mistakes, a lot of dead animals, a lot of misinformed new owners, and a heck of a lot more confusion.

I dunno, I'd personally rather know. If I know someone is making ball python hybrids and he has a really 'different' looking BP..I might not buy from him. But lets say I had no idea as he kept it secret..this 'different' looking animal just looks like a cool new morph/dinker..I could buy it and accidentally introduce polluted blood lines to my animals.

Plus if it's public it's a bit more pressure to accurately label each clutch, each baby, each parent, etc. If he breeds a blood to a ball and produces nothing, but breeds that same ball to another ball and produces something weird---That could be sperm retention. You can check out that female yourself, see that she was once bred to a blood, and easily say "I don't want to take the risk"

Just my opinion. I'd rather be able to monitor everything safely and just do my best to support and inform everyone wanting to breed these how to do it properly, then to scare them off and have them do it wrong, not write everything down, and end up making serious mistakes.
    Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-21-2011 at 06:25 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to purplemuffin For This Useful Post:

cmack91 (12-16-2011)

Thanks
    Very few Americans can claim they are not a mutt themselves. So if you hate the people that make mutts go talk to you mom and dad, mutt.

I am an American mutt and proud of it!
    Last edited by Gloryhound; 10-21-2011 at 06:30 PM.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gloryhound For This Useful Post:

Austin236 (12-13-2011),ball python 22 (12-10-2011),cmack91 (10-21-2011),heathers*bps (12-09-2011),Mft62485 (10-25-2011),minguss (12-09-2011),PitOnTheProwl (10-21-2011),Whitney Scheib (12-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
    Very few Americans can claim they are not a mutt themselves. So if you hate the people that make mutts go talk to you mom and dad, mutt.

i agree, i dont think we should go all hitler with this, if someone wants a hybrid, let them have a hybrid, and if you dont like hybrids, then dont buy them, its really quite simple
    Last edited by cmack91; 10-21-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post

Your parents were both the same species... Unless your the product of a human x chimpanzee... Oh wait that's illegal....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bloodpython_MA For This Useful Post:

aahmn (10-22-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
    I don't know much about that website or how good it is, but to be honest, I sort of do wish there was a hybrid section here.

Why?

Because since it is such a sensitive topic that could go so wrong--don't we want to be WELL aware of what's going on in the hybrid world? Know who is producing them, selling them, buying them, etc? Having them here (even if it's a hidden section like the QT section) means that we could make sure nothing dangerous is happening. If we start seeing clutch after clutch of dead and dying babies we can say HEY..this is a bad idea. Make sure we have the experienced keepers who are here to help the lives of these animals.

I think hybrids are GOING to be made..whether it's accepted by the community or not. I for one do not want it to be an underground secret, because if no one knows about them or talks about them, it seems like it's that much easier for someone to accidentally introduce them into a pure blood line. I think SERIOUS amounts of public written down facts need to be seen. Maybe using iherp or something similar--Easily traceable lines, well known parents and babies, etc.

If people have to hide from the community to make the animals they want, there are going to be a lot of mistakes, a lot of dead animals, a lot of misinformed new owners, and a heck of a lot more confusion.

I dunno, I'd personally rather know. If I know someone is making ball python hybrids and he has a really 'different' looking BP..I might not buy from him. But lets say I had no idea as he kept it secret..this 'different' looking animal just looks like a cool new morph/dinker..I could buy it and accidentally introduce polluted blood lines to my animals.

Plus if it's public it's a bit more pressure to accurately label each clutch, each baby, each parent, etc. If he breeds a blood to a ball and produces nothing, but breeds that same ball to another ball and produces something weird---That could be sperm retention. You can check out that female yourself, see that she was once bred to a blood, and easily say "I don't want to take the risk"

Just my opinion. I'd rather be able to monitor everything safely and just do my best to support and inform everyone wanting to breed these how to do it properly, then to scare them off and have them do it wrong, not write everything down, and end up making serious mistakes.
    that websight is a SLOW mover..
    your post makes good sence.
    spooky

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast