Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

1 members and 3,295 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Really want to keep posted on how this works out for you

Thanks
    I dont see anyone complaining when dog owners do the same thing. The "new" Labadoodle is the hottest thing around and SELLS for more than either purebloods
    Loads of balls around here
    1.0 Hubby, 1.0 New Son, 1.0 Dachshund

Thanks
    Let us know if you get any info from the experts. I'm also considering this cross
    Brittany Davis
    0.1 Snow BCI- Isis
    1.0 Hypo Motley het Albino BCI- Rupert

Ball pythons
    1.0 Champagne, 1.0 Albino Spider, 1.0 Savannah, 0.2 Normal, 0.1 Het Toffee, 0.1 Black Butter,
    0.1 Spider, 0.2 Pastel, 0.1 Enchi, 0.1 Albino

Thanks

Re: Trying at BloodBalls..

Quote Originally Posted by Wapadi View Post
    I dont see anyone complaining when dog owners do the same thing. The "new" Labadoodle is the hottest thing around and SELLS for more than either purebloods
    That's because your average dog owner isn't an "enthusiast" - they own a pet and care nothing for the future of that particular breed as a whole. I, for one, do not want to purchase something with muddied genetics. Diamond Pythons have been crossbred to the point that I even question the legitimacy of many ads stating that their Diamonds are pure, and that should not be necessary.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:

YOSEF (10-21-2011)

♫ I live on an island way out in the sea ♫
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wapadi View Post
    Oh I most certainly do complain about that. I have no problem with people owning mutts as they are often times so much better as a family pet than their purebred counterparts. What I have a problem with is someone selling an obviously mixed breed animal as a 'designer'. They are mutts. Cute mutts, but mutts.

As far as snakes go I do like the look of some hybrids but I can't rationalize breeding them, myself. Or buying one for that matter.

In dogs, you can have accidental litters. In snakes there are very few species that go out and do this willingly.
    I know there are some subspecies where this happens, but they are already very similar. I'm have kind of mixed opinions, and they're sure to have changed tomorrow.

Speaking of mixed opinions... Dogs are the same species. Snakes are not. Yup. My opinion just changed from the time I started writing this post to now lol.

Morphs ARE what 'designer breeds' are in dogs. Hybrids are a totally different subject.
    Last edited by catzeye21138; 10-16-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    1.0 Normal {S.W.A.N.}
    0.1 Lesser Platinum {Genesis}
    1.0 Lemon Blast {Fabio}
    0.1 Borneo STP {Coho}
    0.1 Green Iguana {Goober}
    0.0.0 A. brocklehursti {Vengence}
    0.1 G. rosea {Kiwi}
    0.0.2 B. albopilosum {Sideshow Bob}
    0.0.1 G. pulchripes
    1.0 P. regalis
    0.0.2 Reef Tank: 20g, 9g

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catzeye21138 For This Useful Post:

Annageckos (11-27-2011),Egapal (10-24-2011)

Thanks

Thumbs up

OK as far as I know the person who posted this tread did not as for our opinions on these hybrids but asked how to get them done, so could everyone just keep the tread clean and on subject PLEASE.

As for me, please keep us posted on this project, I will be trying for superballs next year with an albino red blood to a pastel ball, and would love to see what comes out of your project. I can't wait to see if some of the offsprings will actually keep the albino gene from the blood.

I do suggest you sell your offspring with some type of documentation so that when they are sold the owner will have proof of the hybridization, so if he resells the animal, that knowlege will hopefully be passed on to the next owner.

Even if I end up keeping all the offsprings, I'm still going to love having a beautiful superball, that eats better then balls, grows better then balls, but has a milder temper then bloods. I can't wait.
    Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardour and attended to with diligence.
    Abigail Adams (1744-1818)

1.2 Mohave 1.2 Pastel 1.1 Lesser 1.0 Spider 1.1 Pinstripe 0.1 AJHook 2.1 Yellow Belly 1.1 Pied 2.3 Fire
    0.1 LesserBee 0.1 ButterBee 0.1 Axantic 1.2 Mojave AJHook 1.2 LemonBlast 1.0 Phantom 1.0 Special
    0.1 LemonPastel 1.1 Unknown new morph (I hope) 0.6 regular

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aferland66 For This Useful Post:

King's Royal Pythons (10-21-2011),minguss (12-09-2011)

Thanks
    Don't think its been done since Steve did it, But an EXPERIENCED keeper would eliminate any possible hazards..I don't believe it makes any difference whos enclosure it takes place in..Bloods are not snake eaters,so unless you rub a rat on your ball its not likely to eat it..
    If you visited Steves page you may have noticed that the originals came from borneos and possibly our original granites..As with many or most of these MUTTS they didn't make a big hit due to the fact their not real eye appealing..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tim Mead For This Useful Post:

bwt501 (10-17-2011),YOSEF (10-21-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I say do what you want to do Tiff. People are always going to have opinions and stick with them. I get told every day how my stretched ears are so stupid, and keeping snakes is so gross. Everyone has their own opinion and it's not even worth your effort to try and change their minds because you wont.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevinb For This Useful Post:

CoolioTiffany (10-25-2011),PitOnTheProwl (10-17-2011)

Thanks

I'm very interested in this project as well. Have you started pairing yet? Any updates?
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

Thanks
    Steve Roussis went on to breed his superball back to a ball and made a 75% what he called a "Mongrel Ball". These were even more difficult to distinguish from a normal ball. Sadly enough he peddled them off to the general public where I am sure their sullied genetics reside in many of your designer ball morphs.
    As was brought up in a previous post, the Morelia community has been sour on the Diamond python for years now. Diamonds were once the trophy of the morelia world and by any sense should be more popular than carpets ever had become. When they first became available, they were naturally expensive, so lazy curious breeders who could only afford one decided to cross it with a carpet to make a 50%, then back to the parent and so on to the point where they ALMOST looked like diamonds again. Well you cant take the coffee out of the milk, so nobody trusted Diamonds anymore, especially with a closed Aussie market. Diamonds are still expensive and no one is willing to invest in a suspect project. This also left an impact on the Aussie gov't in that it has always been an argument by US keepers and importers that Australia should loosen their export laws to enable more "insurance" populations of pure Australian animals outside of Australia.
    Anyway, making Frankensnakes is not usually as easy and clean cut as putting a pair together. It still may require two 1.1 pairs to get things churning. It usually involves stimulating a female with a male of the same species with a taped or glued cloaca so no "normal" breeding occurs, as well as extracting scent from the other female and smearing it on the muttmaker female. Then if the desired pair is hot n heavy, put them together and hope for the best. Its not over yet, get ready for a good percentage of grossly deformed full term monsters that inevitably comes with crossing two morphologically different species of different sizes. The ones that appear to be outwardly healthy stand a good shot at having distended organs, inappropriate sized brain cases, etc.
    - Lon D.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast