Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,283

2 members and 3,281 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    BPnet Veteran Exotic Ectotherms's Avatar
    Thanks

Question about Albino Common Snapping Turtles

I've posted this question on a few forums because I am trying to get a consensus....

How much does an albino common snapping turtle cost (approximately)? I've searched the web pretty extensively and cannot find any for sale. I found a few Leucistics, but no albinos.

Also....how much would their clutch-mates cost, who are 66% possible het albinos?

Thanks,
    Lou
    1.0 Mojave 100% Het VPI Axanthic "Pleepleus"
    1.2 Albino Common Snapping Turtles "Beavis, Patty & Selma"

Thanks
    Since I posted this question I found some for sale for 5k each. Here is the link....http://www.theturtlesource.com/i.asp...apping-Turtles

I still have NO idea how much the possible hets would sell for though.....

Thanks
    Nobody.......

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Question about Albino Common Snapping Turtles

I would say that if you search that extensively and can't even find any for sale...then how can there be a consensus on their value? Items that are rare enough will be worth whatever you're willing to pay for them.
    -- Judy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Exotic Ectotherms (09-30-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Ive seen one before posted for $700. ive also seen Hypo Snappers going or 450-600.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    talk to tom crutchfield he hatched out quite a few this year. i cant recall how much he was selling them for as he didnt advertise them that heavily. ill see if i still have the email and if i do ill post the price.
    adam jeffery

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adamjeffery For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Albino common snappers usually sell for $2800 to $3400 each as hatchlings and more for larger ones. The het if true 100% hets sell for $600-$900 each. I wouldn't pay more then $500 each for 66% hets as they are not guarenteed to be het. There is only 3 breeders right now of the albino snappers and the het albino snappers so if they aren't from those 3 people then the hets are not real hets and people are lying. I searched for years to find some and after talking and meeting lots of people I learned a lot about them so I have done my research on it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac's Morphs For This Useful Post:

Exotic Ectotherms (10-30-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac's Morphs View Post
    Albino common snappers usually sell for $2800 to $3400 each as hatchlings and more for larger ones. The het if true 100% hets sell for $600-$900 each. I wouldn't pay more then $500 each for 66% hets as they are not guarenteed to be het. There is only 3 breeders right now of the albino snappers and the het albino snappers so if they aren't from those 3 people then the hets are not real hets and people are lying. I searched for years to find some and after talking and meeting lots of people I learned a lot about them so I have done my research on it.
    Whos to say the breeders didnt already sell few off to people, who produced their own and so on. How else you think people in reptile world produce whats produced.

You know of ONLY 3 who publicly talked or posted a bout it. But of the billions of people in the world im sure theres thousands produced, just not advertised.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    Whos to say the breeders didnt already sell few off to people, who produced their own and so on. How else you think people in reptile world produce whats produced.

You know of ONLY 3 who publicly talked or posted a bout it. But of the billions of people in the world im sure theres thousands produced, just not advertised.
    You are completely correct that there may be other people out there with turtles that are adults and breeders but the main breeder only started producing albinos about 3 or 4 years ago after a long 10 year process of getting double hets from 2 wild caught albino snappers. There have been other albino snappers found in the wild over the years but have never seen anyone offer hets before except for hets from this main 3 breeders. So if there are other people producing hets no one has heard of them or seen there "breeders" that make hets except for one person pulling some scams last year or the year before.

With hets its always hard to say what they are worth and if they are real hets. Its always best to buy hets only from well know people or people who give you a guarentee and is a legeal and a binding agreement if you are spending hundreds on a het.

I was looking for albino snappers since 2007-2008 and talked to lots of people and couldn't even get my hands on one until 2010 and no one could even point me in a direction on where to get one. There are no where near thousand, or even hundreds produced, if there were it wouldn't have taken me nearly 3 years to get one when I was willing to spend a large amount of money. If there were hundreds of thousands produced I am sure someone who have sold me one got an outragous amount. There were less then 100 produced to everyones knowledge this year and the years before obvously less. They are rare but with the next few years will be produced by several other people so should be available without to much hastle

Thanks

Hi Lou, if you're still looking for an albino snapper, I have a male with a 5 inch shell length that i selling. He eats real well and is quite active. I'm hoping someone wants to breed him.
    Renee