Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,135

1 members and 3,134 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Banana males taking a 20K price drop!!??

Agreed with all others have said. Supply and demand. I cant wait to see more hot morphs crossed into the banana project. The glass isnt half empty, its half full

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPologist View Post
    So rumor has it Ozzy is offering his newly produced banana males for 30k a piece. I have been waiting for the first drop in the banana market to take place this year. I mean really, Brock is pumping out the males, plus Chun, John at albinos unlimited with multiple males and females including one male thats most likely a super and some kid in CA, I believe his name is Keo (?) , Micheal Powell and not to mention Brocks friends within his inner circle he off loaded males too early on, Brad Boa and others. On top of that NERD has a TON of females ( that produce males) and males that produce males!!! Not to mention everyone else who has them that we don’t know about. What about the male TSK produced? How many more males is that producing? Not to mention tri stripe bananas maybe even tri stripe banana males!! Now throw into this giant mix of males that most of these people dont like each other. Things can get ulgly pretty quick. Rumor has it there are so many males that these breeders don’t know what to do with them. I know a few have sold but theres not enough people with 50k to match the amount of males produced and most likely the same goes for females at 10k or so. Guess some one had to be the first to under cut the market. No wonder Ozzy is cutting the price down. Cant keep a market over inflated for ever, but how do you feel if your one of the guy who already paid 50k? They will most likely make their money back and then some( which is why you invest in the first place ) That is, unless Ozzy chops it another 40% or more next year.
    Don't we all love some good rumors

Seeing this first post I can't wait to see what the second will be about.........more rumors maybe.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (09-07-2011),ballpythonluvr (09-08-2011),Jessica Loesch (09-07-2011),The Hedgehog (09-09-2011)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Don't we all love some good rumors

Seeing this first post I can't wait to see what the second will be about.........more rumors maybe.
    Haha!

But seriously, they have to drop sooner or later. Supply and demand, like everyone already said. And it's a dominant trait, so even if no males are being produced from males or what have you, sooner or later even the males will sell for $20k, then $10k, and on down to pastel land.

I wonder if banana will play nice with pied? You just KNOW somebody's already working on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Now i'm craving banana pie... dang y'all...

The combos are where people are now figuring out they can make more high dollar morphs. Combos are proving to be almost more killer than the originals can hope to be. That means the second tier people are also making great money(the ones buying those $50K animals).

I figure, more power to them. Would I love to discover something new and cool? Absolutely! Am I going to say there's some big conspiracy to trample 'the little guys' just because I can't afford a $50K snake? No, I'm not. I'll happily watch the pictures of the originals and combos until something I want comes down in price enough for me to afford the makings of it. I'll be five years behind the guys making history(morph history anyway), but I don't mind.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

LotsaBalls (09-07-2011),Redneck_Crow (09-08-2011)

Thanks
    Can't say it any better Deborah.

Banana pies sound really great though

Muffy's Morphs

5.7 ball pythons, 0.0.2 GTP, and some Tarantulas

Thanks
    I really think for anything that is a co-dom morph that has a start price that high is just insane. not sure why or how people ask for/pay that much. and normally it seems to be from the top breeders who trade with one another because they have the $$ to do it or they trade animals. more of a redistribution of funds of the ball python elite.

I am and always have been in the belief that our hobby and the color morphs we make will never have a true value until it is something in a crummy pet store, or at the very least an entry level morph. I say this because it is a constant cycle of reinvesting. Now there are small gains here and there, but for the most part it isnt a high profit industry for "the little guy" which is why i never understood these outrageous prices for a new morph. It keeps them out of reach for the people who you ultimately want to own them.

Also dont understand it because, IT IS A CO-DOM! i mean in 4-5 years it should be about 1-2k range at best. and they seem to mainly make males, which puts the rate of growth much much higher.

kind of a rant but just my thoughts.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Normal Het Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 Mojave Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Het Caramel Ball python
    0.1 Spotted Python
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    It's a high price because a buyer will get a immediate pay-off. If it were recessive, the buyer would have to either buy both sexes, or wait addition seasons to breed hets, grow hets and breed them back in order to get the morph.

So anything that makes things happen faster = higher price. Same as buying an adult morph vs a hatchling morph. You pay more for a decrease in the total time for 'payout' or producing your own morph babies.

Conversely, a recessive morph cost the originating person a lot more to create, so their prices can also be high.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

tcutting (09-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eel588 View Post
    Only $30,000!? I better break open the piggy bank.
    LOL
    The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    It's a high price because a buyer will get a immediate pay-off. If it were recessive, the buyer would have to either buy both sexes, or wait addition seasons to breed hets, grow hets and breed them back in order to get the morph.

So anything that makes things happen faster = higher price. Same as buying an adult morph vs a hatchling morph. You pay more for a decrease in the total time for 'payout' or producing your own morph babies.

Conversely, a recessive morph cost the originating person a lot more to create, so their prices can also be high.

thats a really good point. didnt think of that. counter point awarded
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Normal Het Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 Mojave Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Het Caramel Ball python
    0.1 Spotted Python
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Give it time, When bananas are produced year after year from these guys that have them, and cant sell them at 30k price will continue ot drop so their not over loaded.

What happens to most who over produce something and can't move them.. You drop your price till you find the right price and it sells. And those who buy and breed them will sell for the price they bought it for or lower to sell it. Which in end creates the domino effect of killing the price over time sooner than some think.

Its like you buy a banana for 30k, then produce a few and cant get 30k for them so you drop to 25k. Someone buys for 25k and does the same thing over and over till they bottom out. Happens to everything new till they hit rock bottom

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast