Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,263

1 members and 3,262 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Separation Anxiety :/

Hey guys,

I just sold two of my normal het. axanthics to help buy me a new rack . Anyone ever feel depressed/ anxious after they make a sale? I know I probably sound like a coconut, but I just think its funny that even though we trade and sell our BP's like commodities that they are still pets and are missed when they are gone :\. Can't imagine how I'm gonna feel when I go to sell my first clutch LOL!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I always feel a lot of regret whenever I sell any of my snakes, no matter if it's a baby I hatched or a resell that I've owned. Always quite a bit of worry inside, even when there's no reason for it.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

decensored (09-06-2011)

Thanks

Re: Separation Anxiety :/

With my snakes being my first pets i've had on my own,and with my baby being my first and youngest (bought from petsmart in feb 2011) I had to give her up a few months ago. % loved this girl more for the one fact, she got me in to the hobby. She was my first love and though she was always striking or biting me, I loved her to death. I was laid off and on suspenion from my other job I couldnt take care of her and it broke my heart because she was the one I watched progress from only 8 inches and 65grams to 27 inches and 300 grams. The guy that took her kept me updated and ended up selling her back to me less then what he gave. Him and I are both now into doing herp rescue together.

So far we have rescued
    5 ball pythons
    1 african rock python
    3 red tail boas
    1 savanna monitor
    1 copperhead that a naighbor had tried to kill and put in a rubbermaid tube with no water and obviously not feeding it. When it gets back up up to health will be released in a non residential wooded area next to a creak.

We have a blast doing this we are setting up an educational program, as well trying to get a reptile sanctuary started

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crepers86 For This Useful Post:

decensored (09-07-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crepers86 View Post
    With my snakes being my first pets i've had on my own,and with my baby being my first and youngest (bought from petsmart in feb 2011) I had to give her up a few months ago. % loved this girl more for the one fact, she got me in to the hobby. She was my first love and though she was always striking or biting me, I loved her to death. I was laid off and on suspenion from my other job I couldnt take care of her and it broke my heart because she was the one I watched progress from only 8 inches and 65grams to 27 inches and 300 grams. The guy that took her kept me updated and ended up selling her back to me less then what he gave. Him and I are both now into doing herp rescue together.

So far we have rescued
    5 ball pythons
    1 african rock python
    3 red tail boas
    1 savanna monitor
    1 copperhead that a naighbor had tried to kill and put in a rubbermaid tube with no water and obviously not feeding it. When it gets back up up to health will be released in a non residential wooded area next to a creak.

We have a blast doing this we are setting up an educational program, as well trying to get a reptile sanctuary started
    thats awesome!! thank you for doing that btw - i wish i had the resources to run a rescue!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    I only have anxiety issues until the package reaches it's destination safe & sound.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

decensored (09-07-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I haven't had much experience with that sort of thing but I just traded my trio of leo geckos for my pastel and even though I love my bp to death already I do miss my leos antics and "kisses"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinb For This Useful Post:

decensored (09-07-2011)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Aw, yeah, I have to sell my 4 newly-hatched poss hets or else my marriage will be on the rocks... and of course they're all starting to show different personalities. They splash in their water bowl like dogs in a kiddie pool, and they try to escape, and I'm starting to become attached to them, dangit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to loonunit For This Useful Post:

decensored (09-07-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decensored View Post
    thats awesome!! thank you for doing that btw - i wish i had the resources to run a rescue!
    I don't but Dustin does, I was lucky when I was able to bring the 3rd snake home. I am currently living with parents till I go to trial for a crime I am falsely accused of and can go back to work and get my own place.

We are even trying to work with the local Houston SPCA, animal control, and law enforcement when we see signs of abuse and neglect. So far we haven't really, just people who get these pets and don't research how to take care of them. Most of the time we just advise and educate them and follow up, with out seizing the animal.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crepers86 For This Useful Post:

decensored (09-07-2011)