Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

3 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    oh youll be fine most likely, but i just have a 2 bedroom house and unfinished basement that i keep closed, so it limits space And my second bathroom is like a hallway, and it takes up the whole thing want mine? LOL

Muffy's Morphs

5.7 ball pythons, 0.0.2 GTP, and some Tarantulas

Thanks
    Haha, I wish! Next is September, we got her in (you guessed it) September 2010..the day after a hurricane swiped us here in NC. My veterinary hospital called me and asked if I had space for another kitten. She had been thrown out of a moving car window and was found in a puddle during the storm.

I took her in, her nose was scraped badly from the fall but she was otherwise as you'd expect: somewhat emaciated, parasites, fleas and ear mites. The thing is, after having her for a month, she put on some good weight..and then one weekend, she lost it ALL. She had been tested twice for leukemia/AIDS and was negative, we (my sister helped me with this rescue, she's the reason we kept this little foster!) were at a loss.

The doctor had kept her on Albon for a while and said to keep her on it, but I had seen this before at a different vet I worked for..and asked for a bottle of pancreatic enzyme powder. I had to syringe-feed her cat food sludge and Albon for quite a while. In a couple more months she gained weight back and kept it on!

(Sister eating the kitten.)

And now, this is how she spends every single night..she glues her nose to mine and breathes in my air. I'm not sure why, but she's precious.

1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.1 Citrus Ghosts
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Normal

0.1 Red Blood Python
    1.0 Corn Snake
    0.1 Hognose
    1.2 Crested Geckos
    0.1 Leachianus

Thanks
    September is sweet. She looks very feminine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lasweetswan For This Useful Post:

thewesterngate (09-04-2011)

Thanks
    Next is Juniper, also (mostly) called Derp. Why? Well, let's just say she's plenty special. Judging by her skull/frame and demeanor we're pretty sure she's part-Siamese.

If you couldn't already tell, I'm a HUGE cat person..and dogs really just aren't my cup of tea. Still, I took in two puppies to foster because they had no where else to go. I managed to adopt out one, but was sort of stuck with the other. A friend of mine fosters lots of dogs and had to find a place for her foster kitten. Perfect! On the drive there to trade fosters, my sister and I crashed into a part that fell out of a transfer truck. Chaos. The puppy was fine and we managed to do the trade in a couple days.

Sadly, the foster was no better than if I'd picked her up off the street..she was covered in fleas and just so lethargic. All she would do is sit curled in a tiny ball, but Tilly wouldn't have any of that. Tilly tackled and played with her, causing Derp to cry ALL the time. She's SO vocal! Eventually they grew inseparable..so now the trio of kittens is Juni, Tilly and Temby..they're all over a year old now.

She has the sweetest face and such strange mannerisms! Clumsy, misses all her jumps, chirps loud and frequently, I love her to death! Derp-a-werp.
    1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.1 Citrus Ghosts
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Normal

0.1 Red Blood Python
    1.0 Corn Snake
    0.1 Hognose
    1.2 Crested Geckos
    0.1 Leachianus

Thanks
    She is super pretty reminds me of our rescue cat we had when I was growing up.. my mom always teased me and told me my cat looked like a stirred up mud puddle. lol.
    Lurker.Learner.Lover... Of all things creepy crawly and otherwise completely amazing!
    ~The Ladies~
    Normals ~Kaa & Zhena
    Mojave~ Samus Aran
    66%Het Caramel~ Zelda
    Cinny~ Phedre
    ~The Gents~
    100% het Caramel~ Mehen
    Super Pastel~ Cassanova
    Pastel~ Tank
    Cinny~ Jocelyn
    The Leopard Gecko~ Murphy's Patternless female~ George
    All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts

Thanks

Re: My Babies & Their Stories (DUW)

Quote Originally Posted by thewesterngate View Post
    Daang, I hope it works for at least half the group, I don't mind keeping regular litter boxes. In truth, I live on 4 acres of land..and I could teach them to go out, but coming from the city I have this ingrained fear of having indoor/outdoor cats.
    The worst thing about indoor/outdoor cats is they bring outdoor fleas indoors.
    "Why I Have Grey Hair," the story of my life:

The cast: 0.1 het pied, Minnie, "Heartless." 0.1 pied, Dorothy, "The Girl Next Door." 0.1 mojave, Lily, "Stuck Up Little Princess." 0.1 pastel yb, Marilyn, "The Bombshell." 0.1 normal, Miss Maenad, "Femme Fatale." 1.0 dinker, Darth Jackass, "Scum of the Earth." 1.0 piebald, Mickey, "A Really Nice Guy." 1.0 jigsaw, Kaa, "The Young Dude." 0.1 cinnamon, Hera, "If Looks Could Kill" 0.1 pastel, Luna, "If It Moves, Eat It"

Recently joined by Badger and Honey, 1.1 spotnoses.

...and an ever-changing host of supporting actors and actresses: rat and ASF.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Not if you use revolution or frontline. I only use revolution because it's for fleas, ticks, intestinal worms, heart worms (dogs), ear mites, and mosquitoes. Awesome stuff that prevents having to buy anything extra for treatment of extra things. I only use it in the summer months also since I'm in northern IL and I only need it during bug season. Works great. I've never had a flea or tick on my pets and one of my cats slips out at least twice a month. He's sneaky. Plus I have a cattle dog that likes to be out a lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Awww your calico girl is gorgeous! What a trooper!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

thewesterngate (09-05-2011)

BPnet Veteran EverEvolvingExotics's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, she looks amazing. She has come a long way. Rescues are the way to go. I don't think I've ever met someone that liked cleaning the litter box, haha. I would like to get a cat genie but they are expensive!

Thanks for sharing.
    Specializing in Ball Pythons, New Caledonian Geckos, and African Fat Tails

Thanks
    Thanks for reading! I feel like rescuing cats is what I'm here for, the other three are all related because I took in the beginnings of a feral colony: a pregnant stray and her three feral kittens..back in 2009. She had her kittens with me and I kept two of the older ones (very hard to domesticate older feral kittens) and one of the younger ones..found homes for everyone else.

At this very moment I'm pampering a tiny 5-ish week old kitten my friend pulled out of a drainage column today. He's been there for about two days, the hotel manager said to 'let it die', but his lucky little arse was protected by me, the police and the friend who saved him..he's now fed, washed with a citrus soap, and bundled on a lightly warm heating pad. She's going to keep him, I'm getting his blood sugar and everything stabilized until she gets off work.
    1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.1 Citrus Ghosts
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Normal

0.1 Red Blood Python
    1.0 Corn Snake
    0.1 Hognose
    1.2 Crested Geckos
    0.1 Leachianus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast