Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,182

0 members and 3,182 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Omg she is way too cute in the cast. poor baby. I'm glad shes alright though.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Thanks
    My little pit is a rescue.. I got him at 3 months old.. at 3 months, he had already been purchased by drug dealers, and chained up to a trampoline.. and starved.. the dealers assumed because he was a "pit bull" if they starved him.. he would be so hungry he would kill anything/anyone that came on the property.. .. he was a baby.. and was just starving..

the neighbor saw him, kidnapped him and brought him to the rescue I got him from..

He is the sweetest dog ever! big lap dog. He loves all animals that he has met thus far.. His only issues are issues from being taken from mommy too young (mommy dog teaches pups "doggy manners" .. he def lacks those)

He is smart as can be! which can be trouble.. lol..

Yes they have a bad rap.. I do understand it.. but people are ignorant about it.. look at your ranks.. I have personally been bit by a golden retriever, Labrador, German Sheppard, and bichon frise..

I don't hold grudges against those breeds.. just those specific animals..

Can't (shouldn't) hate/judge all men just because your ex is a jerk.. ya know??

.. just my thoughts..
    ~Brandi H.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.hhhbreeding.com

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." - Mitch Hedberg

Thanks
    I am glad she is ok too. She has turned out to be one of the best dogs I have ever owned I don't understand why someone most likely dumped her off. But their loss, I wouldn't trade her for anything

Thanks
    Aww. I am glad you got your guy, and that he was taken out from a bad situation and placed into a loving home

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Re: Pit Bulls and their bad rap

Quote Originally Posted by jason_ladouceur View Post
    i think pits may be the most patient baby sitters in the world. i know mine is awsome with kids.

I have agree with you. Our pit "Harry" who is a rescue is the best babysitter dog I have ever seen as well as the most intelligent dog I have ever had. He understands alot of words and can be told many commands.

Pits have a strong competitive nature and and were originally bred for wild boar hunting. If they are conditioned to use that energy in a negative way you could have problems but if they are conditioned/trained to use it for playing ball and other activities you will have a fun loving well adjusted dog like our boy Harry.

As stated so many times, It's the owner not the breed!

Thanks
    haha didnt think this post would get so much attention. i just felt like venting at the time haha.
    0.2 Leopard geckos
    1.0 jungle carpet

1.0 Pit bull/Pointer mix
    1.0 black lab mix

4.0 cats

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

It's very irritating that most people assume pit bull=vicious baby eating attack machine. We just adopted our third and every time you tell somebody and they ask the breed they get that "look". It's sad, I wouldn't trade my dogs for anything, they are great pups, but because they are "pit bulls" people assume they are going to eat me someday. They are sweet, funny and I love muscular athletic dogs, add a nice medium size and short hair and they are perfect for us. There's definitely tons of overbreeding, for all the wrong reasons and most of these dogs going to the worst situations possible, they are todays bad breed and attract people who want a tough dog. The piss poor owners don't help, I know of 4 other pit bull owners in town and none of them seem to own a leash and every one has asked to breed to my dogs, who are unpapered fixed rescues and possibly mutts.

My dogs

Thanks

*Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    It's very irritating that most people assume pit bull=vicious baby eating attack machine. We just adopted our third and every time you tell somebody and they ask the breed they get that "look". It's sad, I wouldn't trade my dogs for anything, they are great pups, but because they are "pit bulls" people assume they are going to eat me someday. They are sweet, funny and I love muscular athletic dogs, add a nice medium size and short hair and they are perfect for us. There's definitely tons of overbreeding, for all the wrong reasons and most of these dogs going to the worst situations possible, they are todays bad breed and attract people who want a tough dog. The piss poor owners don't help, I know of 4 other pit bull owners in town and none of them seem to own a leash and every one has asked to breed to my dogs, who are unpapered fixed rescues and possibly mutts.

My dogs
    Your dogs are GORGEOUS!
    *Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

My wife's "Meat-Loaf

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...tBullBlues.mp4
    Old Club Dogs

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...=BlueJeans.mp4
    My Marley and some of her pedigree history
    Last edited by PitOnTheProwl; 09-07-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast