Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,290

1 members and 3,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Stroke

Thanks

Stroke

Hey There.

I just wanted to post a story about the kitty I've had through my childhood.

I got him when I was 10. He was only a couple months old when we adopted him from a local shelter. He was found on the side of the road with the rest of his litter and we adopted him the same day. He was the runt and he fit in one of my hands when we brought him home! He got spoiled rotten and almost hit the 20lb mark last year when he took a stroke. We found him tripping over his feet one afternoon and he couldn't keep his head still, his mouth closed, or his eyes focused. Walking was impossible and he lost control of his bodily functions.

We brought him to the vet and they told us there wasn't much they could do for him and that he would probably die during the week. We were crushed. After lots of debate we finally took him home to give him a chance. Thanks to the I.V. apatite enhancers, we were able to hand feed him his wet food. He had to be carried to the litter box, and than carried back every time he had to pee. After a week of not getting any better we prepared to say goodbye the next day.

The next day we went in the den to get him ready to go to the vet and he got up, wobbled over to see us, and meowed. It broke my heart and we decided to give him more time. Everyday he got a little better, he started going to the litter on his own, started eating by himself, and was able to get from room to room.

Today he's still alive and happy. His head is crocked to the side, he has a little trouble seeing out of his right eye, and has issues balancing. But he's otherwise healthy and happy and is still spoiled rotten! (although he's been on a little bit of a diet LOL). He can run/ hop when he wants to, and has lately gained enough balance to jump up on the couch when he wants attention. I've never been more proud of him, or inspired by his dedication to life!

I just wanted to share this story because I believe that every animal deserves a chance to prove that they have what it takes to overcome. I am so happy we didn't put him down - and it scares me how close we came to giving up on him.

Thanks
    Aweeee that is so touching that he made it. Glad he is happy now!

Muffy's Morphs

5.7 ball pythons, 0.0.2 GTP, and some Tarantulas

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Aww I'm glad you took him in! None of our kitties have had that hard of a life. Our cat Stuart was thrown out a car window at my granny's farm. He had a broken back and was too young to be away from his mom, but he's alive and well. The vet said his back would heal, but he would have issues in the future. His back hurts him every now again and he doesn't jump very high, but other than that he's good! That's such a great story about your kitty!