Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,368

2 members and 3,366 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

local pet store yikes

I made a stop to my local reptile shop and was horrified that pretty much all there BP had RI bubbles coming out of there mouths, TOO many snakes in the tank all fighting for the heat spot a few didnt look alive. sad thing is i have been going here for a long time and i have never seen it this bad.

So a buddy of mine eel told me i should think about finding my rats elsewhere for now. any reason for that? wish i would have thought about that because i just fed him a rat from there.

Thanks

Re: local pet store yikes

2 reasons

1. You are supporting a store that does not treat animals humanely by buying their products.

2. If their snakes have obvious disease, so could the rats (intestinal worms). Furthermore, some snake diseases are transmitted by mites which could hitchhike home with you on yourself or a rat.

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    I made a stop to my local reptile shop and was horrified that pretty much all there BP had RI bubbles coming out of there mouths, TOO many snakes in the tank all fighting for the heat spot a few didnt look alive. sad thing is i have been going here for a long time and i have never seen it this bad.

So a buddy of mine eel told me i should think about finding my rats elsewhere for now. any reason for that? wish i would have thought about that because i just fed him a rat from there.
    Nothing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybugzcrunch For This Useful Post:

SourDeez (08-20-2011)