Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,287

3 members and 3,284 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Question about a rosy boa that isn't acting right

I have a little Rosy Boa that was rescued about a month ago. She had had no care for close to 6 months, and was left in a building with no climate control this summer here in Texas. Fed only once is a rare blue moon in that time frame. She seemed to be doing well here. She is in a 20 gallon long tank, with newspaper for bedding. Her tank temps are normally between 85 - 90 on the warm side and she cooler on the other end by about 10 degrees. She had been eating well for me, about a mouse a week and keep them down. Well this week I had fed her on monday a mouse, and than when I was feeding my ball pythons the following day I forgot I fed her the day before and threw in another mouse. By the time I remembered she was already wolfing the mouse down. She looked bloated today and than this afternoon she reguritated up one full mouse and a half of the other. I feel horrible that I accidently over fed her. I took and put her in a tub for just long enough to clean her tank out, it was nasty, and than put her right back in it. When I came into the room tonight to check on things she was on the cool end of the tank and had the last 1/4 of her body in her water bowl. She had her head turned slightly to the side and than slowly went back to her hide. Do you think she will be ok? I am normally a lot better about feeding than this, but this 1 week has been so much more crazy than normal that I messed up. Is there anything I need to watch for as a warning that something is really wrong with her. I don't mind taking her to a vet if there is a need, but the closes decent vet that does reptiles is over an hour away, and I think they only do normal business hours. I don't think our emergency vet, that is about 45 mins away, does reptiles. Any warning signs or other information would be much apprecaited. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Wait 7-10 days before offering food again, to give her time to build up more digestive juices.

How big is she weight wise?
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    The scale said she wieghs 345 grams. She looks to be 2 and a half feet long.

*I am only guessing that it is a she.
    Last edited by Lana's_mom; 08-18-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Yeah, give her 7-10 days to give her system a rest then offer food again.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi