Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,286

0 members and 3,286 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Gonna give breeding a try

Well ive been doing my research for awhile now and i think its time i jump on it. I currently have a Male Norm. In about 2 weeks im going to the Breeders Expo in Dayton and im gonna pic up a male Spider and 2 female Norms. Plan is to place a male in with each female for a few days then have them out for a few days. Then switch the males. That way i have a better shot of something happening and itll be a mystery to what i end up with. Is this a good idea?

Also. Any sugestions on thermostats that can monitor and control 4+ tanks. Or should i just go with 4 seperate ones?

Thanks
    Mixing males like that should be fine, since the only gene is spider - there won't be any "surprise hets" you can't keep track of. I would personally just breed the spider to both females to get more spider babies, but if you're worried he won't get the job done then norm x norm is good breeding practice

Thanks
    yeah i know that if the spider breeds itll be 50/50. if i see a connection then i wont put the norm in. But just to be on the safe side if i dont see anything happen im gonna mix them so i can at least try and get a clutch.