Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,821

1 members and 2,820 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thank you guys very much,i ll wait for few days and see how is it going

Thanks

Re: My ball python doesn't hide...

Quote Originally Posted by Ball_Python View Post
    the temps are celsius, i am giving him about 1 week to get comfy since yesterday, i never touch him and just watch him stealthy. maybe he just doesn't like to hide...
    Your temps aren't bad I would bump your warm side to 31 to 32 degrees Celsius. What is your humidity? The biggest issue I would guess is the size of your hides. Your snake wants something that is tight fitting. Ideally the hide will touch the snake on at least 3 sides as well as the top. When my BP was a baby I used a terracotta saucer similar to this http://www.amazon.com/KECO-Plant-Pod...d_sim_dbs_ol_1 I just cut out an opening just big enough for him to get in and sanded the edges down so they were smooth. Generally you want to wait until your snake is so big that he can't fit in his hides anymore before you go up in size. So when he is pushing the hide up off the substrate then its time to go up in size just a little. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that your snake is just different than everyone elses. Your snake wants two identical tight fitting hides, one on the warm side and one on the cool side.
    Last edited by Egapal; 08-07-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks

Re: My ball python doesn't hide...

Quote Originally Posted by Egapal View Post
    Your temps aren't bad I would bump your warm side to 31 to 32 degrees Celsius. What is your humidity? The biggest issue I would guess is the size of your hides. Your snake wants something that is tight fitting. Ideally the hide will touch the snake on at least 3 sides as well as the top. When my BP was a baby I used a terracotta saucer similar to this http://www.amazon.com/KECO-Plant-Pod...d_sim_dbs_ol_1 I just cut out an opening just big enough for him to get in and sanded the edges down so they were smooth. Generally you want to wait until your snake is so big that he can't fit in his hides anymore before you go up in size. So when he is pushing the hide up off the substrate then its time to go up in size just a little. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that your snake is just different than everyone elses. Your snake wants two identical tight fitting hides, one on the warm side and one on the cool side.
    well i just changed the height of the hide,and he finally made it. tyvm

Thanks
    It's not unusual for them to be stressed the first few days and just wander around, even with a perfect enclosure. I wouldn't worry about excessive activity until after the adjustment period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12