Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,181

2 members and 3,179 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Thread: Hiding BP

Thanks

Hiding BP

Hello,

I have had my BP for about 5 months now and all is good in the world of snakes. It recently shed so for the last 2 weeks prior it was hiding 100% percent of the time. Before that and since its shed it has calmed the hiding down to 97% of the time!!! The most I see of my BP is it poking its head out every night just looking around but it just doesn't come out.

I know its bad to forcibly remove my snake from its hide but I don't want it to become aggressive from a lack of handling. I'm wondering what I should/can in order to make sure my BP get handled once a week.

Thanks
    First off, it's completely normal for ball pythons to hide often, that's just how they are.

For handling or cage maintenance and such, it is completely fine to just lift the hide off the snake and take him out. It won't make him aggressive in any way, so long as when you put him back in, you put the hides back in as well. Otherwise if you were to wait until he is out to handle him, as you saw, you may hardly ever get to handle him! don't worry about lifting the hide off of him. That's how I do it with all my snakes (and pretty well everyone that has ball pythons does it lol), never had a problem with aggression
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

Thanks

Re: Hiding BP

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra V View Post
    For handling or cage maintenance and such, it is completely fine to just lift the hide off the snake and take him out. It won't make him aggressive in any way, so long as when you put him back in, you put the hides back in as well. Otherwise if you were to wait until he is out to handle him, as you saw, you may hardly ever get to handle him! don't worry about lifting the hide off of him. That's how I do it with all my snakes (and pretty well everyone that has ball pythons does it lol), never had a problem with aggression
    +1
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

Thanks

Re: Hiding BP

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra V View Post
    First off, it's completely normal for ball pythons to hide often, that's just how they are.

+2

Thanks
    +3 .
    2.6 ball pythons 3.12 ASF
    Cofounder www.softfurs.com

Like us Facebook
    www.facebook.com/simplexserpents