Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,689

3 members and 2,686 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Do I have to quarantine a new snake if they have no problems and mites.

Quote Originally Posted by weird_science04 View Post
    That is what I insinuated, not sure the not necessarily part. A pet store or reptile show that has snakes with mites means you are going into a place that is infested with mites. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they are not infested. What I said was, you can't go into your yard, work (not pet store), and places that don't have reptiles and bring them into your home. They are not indigenous to the US like fleas (for example) so you can't bring them in from your yard. You would HAVE to go someplace where there are reptiles that have them in order to bring them into your house.

With this being said, if anyone is a member of redtailboas.com forum they know I am the quarantine police. I will call anyone out on quarantine (in a nice way). I am a STRONG supporter of quarantine and try to educate as many people as possible. It is not worth it to your collection to skip quarantine. Like that other member said, he didn't care if god himself gave him the snake it was going into QT. That is me also. I don't care how great of a reputation you have, it will be in quarantine. I don't care if I have purchased from you before (I don't know what you have done with your collection since my last purchase), it will be going into QT. I don't care if you are my best friend and I saw your snakes as they grow (I don't know if you have been to pet stores or reptile shows or the such), it is going into QT (maybe not 6 months but still QT for a specified period of time).

Star
    they may not be native but they are in the country now and very well could be in the wild now too, either by transfer from someones pet snake to them then to the wild or someone has a snake with mites it some how ends up in the wild either by being released or just excaped and then its mites lands on native wild snakes.

we have millions of pest that are not native but yet are all over.
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 771subliminal For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (08-07-2011)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123