Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,092

1 members and 1,091 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,122
Threads: 248,563
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Re: More BP questions!

- I think the skull looks cool. Just smooth out any sharp edges.

- I would suggest looking around Puerto Rico for a BP. Preferrably a normal female. This will save you the high cost of shipping for your first snake. Once you move, and get ready to get into breeding, you can get a morph male ( cheaper than females) to breed to your normal female, which, you would then probably have some visible morph and possible Het hatchlings.

- When deciding on a tank or tub, I don't think it would matter much at this point. Since you are in Puerto Rico, I think the humidity should be easier to maintain in such a tropical environment. But eventually, if you get into breeding, you would probably want to look into racks and tubs, which are better for managing a larger number of animals and taking up less floor space.
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks

Re: More BP questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Vypyrz View Post
    - I think the skull looks cool. Just smooth out any sharp edges.

- I would suggest looking around Puerto Rico for a BP. Preferrably a normal female. This will save you the high cost of shipping for your first snake. Once you move, and get ready to get into breeding, you can get a morph male ( cheaper than females) to breed to your normal female, which, you would then probably have some visible morph and possible Het hatchlings.

- When deciding on a tank or tub, I don't think it would matter much at this point. Since you are in Puerto Rico, I think the humidity should be easier to maintain in such a tropical environment. But eventually, if you get into breeding, you would probably want to look into racks and tubs, which are better for managing a larger number of animals and taking up less floor space.
    yea, usually I hate this weather, but for this purpose it's perfect!

I've decided to keep it local (my first snake) considering the high shipping price, but the ones I listed are local, BUT the spider is no longer an option , So basically, im stuck bewteen the normals (cheaper and could get a normal female breed in 2-3 years) and the pastel male for $175 after the first shed, and 3 feedings (cooler snake so to speak), and could knock up a couple of female bps..
    I could also buy the pastel and in 2 years buy a big female to breed them?

In relation to the tank/tub... I plan on keeping him/her on a 10 gal tank until he/she becomes of the adequate size, then Im not sure if I'll keep it on a bigger tank or a tub... time will help me decide

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234