Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,248

2 members and 3,246 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: What an awful day...

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonluvr View Post
    Why is it that you always seem to open your mouth when it should stay shut???? You think you are so big and tough. Keep your words to yourself for once. To the OP, I am so very sorry for your loss. That must have been a very difficult ordeal for you. You are in my thoughts.
    If you look at Big Gunns with pity - as you would the victim of a horrible accident that has affected erased his common sense and empathy for other humans, or someone with a severe and debilitating personality disorder - you'll have a much easier time putting up with his crap.

Now Neil, this is directed at you. The adults are done talking and your Uncle Skippy is going to pay special attention to you. When someone comes here hurting and trying to share that hurt - i.e. the death of a loved one, the loss of a pet or some other trauma, this is a text book example of when you should shut your trap and keep your stupid and self-centered comments to yourself.

I have an idea - instead of coming here and pissing everyone off, go chase cars on the freeway, go yell "La Migra!" at some armed gang bangers, go urinate on an electric fence, give yourself a colonoscopy, go stop a harpoon meant for a dolphin with your face - do anything - just don't do it here.

Maybe you didn't notice it you clod, but that dog represented alot more to the OP than being just a "dog". This thread is not a stage for you to scream "Look at Me! I'm Neil!" It's a thread that a person started to share his feelings. No one cares about you, your pets or your ego, so either apologize for your complete lack of class or shove off.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Anya (08-06-2011),ballpythonluvr (08-02-2011),ceduke (08-08-2011),Ezekiel285 (08-09-2011),Fraido (10-30-2016),Kymberli (08-02-2011),L.West (08-09-2011),Laura Fopiano (08-11-2011),matt y (08-06-2011),Redneck_Crow (08-02-2011),Sama (08-02-2011),Yeti (12-01-2011)

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    If you look at Big Gunns with pity - as you would the victim of a horrible accident that has affected erased his common sense and empathy for other humans, or someone with a severe and debilitating personality disorder - you'll have a much easier time putting up with his crap.

Now Neil, this is directed at you. The adults are done talking and your Uncle Skippy is going to pay special attention to you. When someone comes here hurting and trying to share that hurt - i.e. the death of a loved one, the loss of a pet or some other trauma, this is a text book example of when you should shut your trap and keep your stupid and self-centered comments to yourself.

I have an idea - instead of coming here and pissing everyone off, go chase cars on the freeway, go yell "La Migra!" at some armed gang bangers, go urinate on an electric fence, give yourself a colonoscopy, go stop a harpoon meant for a dolphin with your face - do anything - just don't do it here.

Maybe you didn't notice it you clod, but that dog represented alot more to the OP than being just a "dog". This thread is not a stage for you to scream "Look at Me! I'm Neil!" It's a thread that a person started to share his feelings. No one cares about you, your pets or your ego, so either apologize for your complete lack of class or shove off.
    There is just something about heavy equipment operators... It only comes out about once a year, but it's definitely there

Anyway... To the OP... I'm sorry for the decision you had to make. I'm not much of a dog person myself, but I have a cat that happens to be the only living thing that is able to make me smile sometimes. I love my snakes but not like this. I know I'd be crushed if anything happened to her. I've never been so attached to any animal so I think I have an idea how you may have felt about your dog .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

Sama (08-02-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
    1.) a dog is not like a snake of lizard.

2.) seriously? did you really just come down on this guy like that? I dont want to come down on YOU. but that was terrible to say. esp. to someone who lost a pet they loved dearly. don't try to bring the OP down for trying to make the right decision, they did it because they saw no other way to prevent something worse...and as bad as it hurts, I believe he did the right thing.

to the OP. Im very sorry for your loss, I went through this too. Keep your head up and remember the good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonluvr View Post
    Why is it that you always seem to open your mouth when it should stay shut???? You think you are so big and tough. Keep your words to yourself for once. To the OP, I am so very sorry for your loss. That must have been a very difficult ordeal for you. You are in my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post

Well you all will be happy to know that BG got an infraction for being such a meanie. BG still feels the same way, but he knows he was a meanie. It just not something Mr. Wonderful could ever do.

Just had to watch them haul a couple alligators away to their death on some AP show because people were feeding them....feel the same way about that also.

By the way. BG realizes that this was a very hard decision and had to hurt....it's just not something BG could ever do. BG would find a way to keep the animal and people safe. Unfortunately the OP couldn't find a way. Just off the top of BG's massive head he can think of a coupe easy solutions.

Anyway..... BG knows he was a meanie. Sorry OP....BG is out.

HI Skippy. Did you miss your old buddy?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Alright folks, enough is enough. BG was out of line with his comments within the guidelines of this forum, and Skip has roundly chastised him for it. That will be the last commentary of this nature allowed to stay in this thread.

Any further comments that are not directly related to expressing your sympathy to the OP will be subject to removal without warning.
    Last edited by rabernet; 08-02-2011 at 06:26 AM.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-02-2011),dr del (08-02-2011),JamieH (08-02-2011),JLC (08-02-2011),jsmorphs2 (08-03-2011),Kymberli (08-02-2011),llovelace (08-02-2011),Popeye (08-09-2011),waltah! (08-02-2011)

Thanks
    All dogs go to heaven

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lasweetswan For This Useful Post:

Sama (08-03-2011)

Thanks
    I'm sorry for your loss.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JR Exotics For This Useful Post:

Sama (08-03-2011)

Thanks

My thoughts are with on this one, i to have experienced having a familiy dog put to sleep because it had serious mental issues. Nothing could be done for the dog and it was a danger to us and strangers. It really was hard on all of us at the time as there was nothing we could do, i can understand how you feel.

All the best
    1.0 Pastel Graziani ( Sir Henry) " Henners " 2010
    0.1 Stinger Bee " Barbara " 2010

Thanks

I had an eskie named Sonny, he was the best darned dog ever. The vet told me I had a rare gem as I have heard about issues that you went through yet never saw in Sonny. He went to the rainbow bridge at the age of 10.

I also went through what you described about 8 years ago. Sammy was a very cute adoption that I brought home. He was kind of an odd duck because he hated black shoes.

Like you I went through the excessive barking, he bit 2 people, but the moment my love for him left is when he bit my oldest twin Amber. He did a good bit of damage and while I was trying to calm her, he bit me too.

This sounds horrible but if I had a gun at that moment I would have shot him myself. my child and I went to the hospital, I went with out my husband at the time because he was too busy arguing with my step kids about buying a muzzle rather than having him euthanized at the pound.

1 week following the bite, my child was terrified by this dog, and righfully so, I took him there myself. The kicker to this is when we got there, the hospital had never notified them of a double bite.

I was so angry with the betrayel I felt over my little friend that I couldn't mourn his going to the bridge, but like wounds heal, so does my heart.

I am so truly sorry for your loss, I do know how hard that decision is to make. You acted with you heart and head, and I hope that your pain heals soon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura Fopiano For This Useful Post:

Redneck_Crow (08-11-2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12