Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,299

0 members and 3,299 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Website Design Picture

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTownGuido View Post
    Yes and No, car dealerships put cars they would never get on their site, to add some eye candy. there is nothing wrong about it.

For the most part pictures on the net are fine to use on your site along as they are not copy written.

always remember you are a small fish and nobody will go after you for infringement, however always keep this in the back of your head. look what happened to YouTube, Google, FaceBook, they all started small and grown into multi billion companies. if there was a picture on the site that was from someone else then I would expect a law suite because it would be worth it now.

so to protect you I would go to your local zoo or reptile store and ask them if you can take some pictures of there animals to put on your site, tell them you will put a link to there store/zoo for credits.
    Car dealerships are a lot different than a business that works with and sells animals. Different makes and models of cars can easily be ordered and sold. If they don't have what you want, they could probably get one in for you, easily.

To the OP: When I go to a snake breeder's website, I don't want eye candy. I want to see what they CURRENTLY work with, the projects they are CURRENTLY working on, and what they CURRENTLY have available. Mention on your site that eventually you will be working with a different species you don't currently own, that's fine, but don't put it up there just for eye candy. If I were to go to your site, see a GTP picture, my first thought would be, "He/she works with these. I wonder if they have any available." Then I'd be very disappointed to find out you DON'T work with them right now. You're sending the wrong message to your customers that way.

And about using pictures that are not water marked or copy written....I have tons of pictures out there in cyber space that have no watermarks (going to begin doing that) or copy writes. They are just pictures I took. If I were to stumble upon a website (or anything for that matter) that was using one of my pictures, you can bet your behind that I'd go after that person for using my pictures!!! I don't care how small of a fish you are. Stealing is stealing.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    out of respect for whomevers picture that was I deleted it. Thank you for everyones responses
    DC Reptiles.com coming soon....

Thanks
    It depends where you live, but if someone creates something (or takes a photo) they do not need to go through some legal process to copyright it as some of you imply - it is copyright to them immediately because they made it. Doesn't need a watermark or a piece of legal paper, it is rightfully theirs and not yours. The copyright only changes if they sell the rights or give permission etc.

While the chances are very slim you will be caught using someone else's work, it's really bad practice because it's disrespectful to the owner and you'll get in the habit of freeloading intellectual property. This is one of the reasons professional illustrators and photographers get "What?! But I could get it on google images for free!!" so much... the internet has devalued their work.

Anyways end rant! Phew. Something that really rustles my jimmies I see you did decide to change it and that's great! For your pie bald picture, I'd get the focus right on the face, but it's a nice photo. Be proud

Thanks

Re: Website Design Picture

Thanks I"m toying around with a bunch of photos right now, its not going to be that one but I figured I"ll change it to the one its going to be when I have the right pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbone View Post
    It depends where you live, but if someone creates something (or takes a photo) they do not need to go through some legal process to copyright it as some of you imply - it is copyright to them immediately because they made it. Doesn't need a watermark or a piece of legal paper, it is rightfully theirs and not yours. The copyright only changes if they sell the rights or give permission etc.

While the chances are very slim you will be caught using someone else's work, it's really bad practice because it's disrespectful to the owner and you'll get in the habit of freeloading intellectual property. This is one of the reasons professional illustrators and photographers get "What?! But I could get it on google images for free!!" so much... the internet has devalued their work.

Anyways end rant! Phew. Something that really rustles my jimmies I see you did decide to change it and that's great! For your pie bald picture, I'd get the focus right on the face, but it's a nice photo. Be proud
    DC Reptiles.com coming soon....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123