Quote Originally Posted by SteelTownGuido View Post
Yes and No, car dealerships put cars they would never get on their site, to add some eye candy. there is nothing wrong about it.

For the most part pictures on the net are fine to use on your site along as they are not copy written.

always remember you are a small fish and nobody will go after you for infringement, however always keep this in the back of your head. look what happened to YouTube, Google, FaceBook, they all started small and grown into multi billion companies. if there was a picture on the site that was from someone else then I would expect a law suite because it would be worth it now.

so to protect you I would go to your local zoo or reptile store and ask them if you can take some pictures of there animals to put on your site, tell them you will put a link to there store/zoo for credits.
Car dealerships are a lot different than a business that works with and sells animals. Different makes and models of cars can easily be ordered and sold. If they don't have what you want, they could probably get one in for you, easily.

To the OP: When I go to a snake breeder's website, I don't want eye candy. I want to see what they CURRENTLY work with, the projects they are CURRENTLY working on, and what they CURRENTLY have available. Mention on your site that eventually you will be working with a different species you don't currently own, that's fine, but don't put it up there just for eye candy. If I were to go to your site, see a GTP picture, my first thought would be, "He/she works with these. I wonder if they have any available." Then I'd be very disappointed to find out you DON'T work with them right now. You're sending the wrong message to your customers that way.

And about using pictures that are not water marked or copy written....I have tons of pictures out there in cyber space that have no watermarks (going to begin doing that) or copy writes. They are just pictures I took. If I were to stumble upon a website (or anything for that matter) that was using one of my pictures, you can bet your behind that I'd go after that person for using my pictures!!! I don't care how small of a fish you are. Stealing is stealing.