Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,417

2 members and 3,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Community Picture Gallery

Figured it would make more sense to post this here, since its about pictures. After I released the calculator, the number 1 request by far was to have pictures to go with it. So I put this together....

its a picture gallery that anyone can submit to (you can even submit anonymously if you want). When submitted it puts your name on the bottom of the picture and it goes to approval (We all know what kinds of things would get submitted without approval), basically just looking for halfway descent pictures of any morph. Picture links appear on the morph list, they will be linked as pictures are added, designer morphs appear at the bottom. Pictures are also linked in the genetics calc. Also there is a check box if you want, to give JLC permission to use your picture in the bp.net guide to morphs section.

If your confused about the heterozygous/homozygous thing, just tell me what your snake is in the "extra info" and ill fill it in for you.

List - http://www.owalreptiles.com/list.php
    Submit - http://www.owalreptiles.com/submit.php

Video, just because some people like videos

Thanks
    Thank you to the few who submitted pictures

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Community Picture Gallery

Hi,

Are there file size/ type restrictions and do the pics have to be watermark free?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Are there file size/ type restrictions and do the pics have to be watermark free?

dr del
    -All pictures are resized to 1024x768 proportionally. does this automatically
    -Accepted formats are jpg, png, and gif.

and I guess I could deal with watermarks as long as their not over the animal, which most people seem to do, but if its just in the corner or something, just leave the "submitted by" blank or it will add text over the watermark lol.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 07-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks

So what exactly needs to change? there was well over 20 requests to have pictures available since I made the calc I PM'd each person who requested it personally and there has been a less than expected response and zero feedback.... so what gives? Or do people like to request things that take hours to make happen and not use them?

but to the people who have used it, thank you.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 07-31-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks
    im currently sending in a few pictures to you and seen you dont have super pastel as one of the options so i put pastel and spider on the killerbee one so i could still submit it to you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BallsUnlimited For This Useful Post:

OhhWatALoser (07-31-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BallsUnlimited View Post
    im currently sending in a few pictures to you and seen you dont have super pastel as one of the options so i put pastel and spider on the killerbee one so i could still submit it to you.
    Homozygous Pastel is a super pastel, got it all taken care of. You know I never expected the mojave bumblebee to be that light... thats a pretty hot snake. thanks for your time

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    and I guess I could deal with watermarks as long as their not over the animal, which most people seem to do, but if its just in the corner or something, just leave the "submitted by" blank or it will add text over the watermark lol.
    People do that so someone can't come in and crop/edit out the watermark. I for one, will not put a watermark anywhere but on the animal for that very reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    People do that so someone can't come in and crop/edit out the watermark. I for one, will not put a watermark anywhere but on the animal for that very reason.
    I never really understood, unless your selling your pictures.... what are people afraid will happen? The only people I could see cropping out a name on a picture who would want to claim it theirs for selling, which their going to find a picture regardless anyways. why let a random moron ruin it for everyone else? or is there another scenario I might be missing? I realize its not that big of a deal, but i always find myself thinking "why?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Homozygous Pastel is a super pastel, got it all taken care of. You know I never expected the mojave bumblebee to be that light... thats a pretty hot snake. thanks for your time
    yeah I dunno why I didn't realize that when I was sending them early this morning. Lesson learned dont be half asleep trying to send pictures hahah. The pastel really brings out the yellow and lightens it up. She keeps getting nicer and nicer every shed. Gonna hit her to the lemon blast male I have. Should make some really nice stuff out of it. Shes currently just shy of 1k grams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast