Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,428

3 members and 3,425 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    No problem. Check the care sheet on this site and post questions in the husbandry section if you can't find what you need by doing searching. The members are here to help. We can direct you to products that are good for what you need for any budget, and your snake will be happy and healthy. Welcome to the site.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    If using a heat mat, they need to be controlled by a thermostat, or rheostat.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Registered User Torey Torsiello's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't post pics for some reason..

I have tried to post a better pic of Marley's underbelly but it's not allowing me... i don't think the site has fully activated me yet.. not sure.. i'll figure it out tomorrow... I'll be checking my heating pad in the morning to see what kind it is exactly and then I'll be getting a thermostat... hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to put up some pics.

thanks again for all of the responses
    TT

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Good job unplugging it You are going to want to get that heat mat controlled before getting that back going. Feel free to ask whatever you need to know and I'm sure plenty of people will give you some great advice.

Regards,

B

Thanks

New pics up of marley...

Theres a few picture up of marley now on my page... one of them is a pic of what his belly looked like last night after i soaked him and helped remove the shed skin... the pink-ness has gone down today but that area is not exactly raw but its not smooth like the upper part of his underbelly... he hasnt eaten because he has been in a constant shed .. should i feed him still?

idk if i posted this right ...

http://ball-pythons.net/gallery/show...mageuser=23047
    TT

Thanks
    You can try feeding but it is more important that you take out his bedding and get him on plain paper for now. You're going to want to keep his enclosure VERY clean. I'd recommend removing all the bedding and cleaning it thoroughly before putting paper down. Keep his water bowl and Those appear to be burns and you're going to wat to keep the tank very clean until they heal. Otherwise you might risk infection in the burned areas. You might also try to keep the humidity up a bit.

Regards,

B

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    ^^ agreed.

You will need to soak him daily, in a covered tub of tepid water with betadine solution (tea colored). soak 30 minutes a day. Get him some silvadene cream and apply twice daily until healed.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

the pink part of his belly doesn't seem as bad today

i took marley out again to check on him and his belly isn't very pink anymore... i'm sure it was darker because he was in warm water... he's very active which should be a good thing... I am going to try and feed him tomorrow and I will get the cream and the solution mentioned. He's strictly on a heat lamp right now and I am trying to keep the humidity up. Will his belly heal well or is it going to be a permanent thing?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions
    TT

Thanks
    It will heal. Just keep his tank clean! That's why paper is so easy. You can change it regularly. I'd wipe it down inbetween changing paper. As long as you keep it clean and prevent it from getting infected it should heal on its own. Just be sure to get a thermostat to control that under tank heater. The lamp will suck humidity out of the air so you might try to cover the top of your setup with a towel or something to try and keep the humidity in.

Regards,

B

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    There won't be any scarring if that's what your wondering. You caught it before it blistered so scarring won't be a problem.

When it comes to things like burns and scale rot, if allowed to get to the point of blistering then it can cause scarring that may never completely fade. Yours will be fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast