Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

2 members and 3,239 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    dosnt this kind of thing mke you wonder why the creators of the heat pads dont put a dimmer or thermostat built in on the products they sell to people for heating a reptile enclosure when they no that everyday joe will pull it in and end up hurting the animals
    op just keep it clean i got a rescue with a burn hope hes ok and gets better
    2.3 normals
    1.0 100% het pied
    1.1 spider
    1.0 pastel

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    These are the same companies that sell hot rocks, so...
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Registered User Torey Torsiello's Avatar
    Thanks

Marley looks sooo much better

I havent checked the posts in a while i was away for a week. I spoke to a guy down at Ben Seigal Reptiles in Deerfield Beach, FL.. I explained everything that was going on with Marley and he gave me the same advice. I have soaked Marley int the Betadine solution and that helped. I put a thin layer of neosporin on also and he looks completely different. I have also been swabbing the affected area directly with betadine and it has been working really well.. I just got back from being away on sunday and it was crazy to see how much he has healed already. I tested the heat mat with my temperature gauge to see exactly how ho it was getting while i had marley out of the tank it it got up to 110 degrees... wayyyy to hot..it actually put small cracks it the glass. Its a good thing i unplugged the mat when i did. I'm testing out a different set up in the tank... I have the heating pad underneath his water bowl and so far its working

thanks again everyone
    TT

Thanks

Re: Marley looks sooo much better

Quote Originally Posted by Torey Torsiello View Post
    I have the heating pad underneath his water bowl and so far its working

thanks again everyone
    watch this cause it can cause a thermal shock to the glass ( shattering it ) if the water bowl is spilled. I not sure if tank( aquiram spelling) glass is made to prevent it but I doubt it lol. it like pouring ice water on a seal up hot car in the middle of parking lot middle of the day. it can crack the glass .
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but did you put the heat pad back in without a thermostat?

Putting it under the water bowl isn't much safer. A) it can still cause cracks which will be even worse if water gets in them and B) snakes can and do move water bowls. Mine rearranges things all the time.

Thanks
    Get the neosproin off of him and only put the silvadene cream on. Neo is ok to use once in awhile, in small amounts, but it is an oil based product.
    Oil based products soften the scales and skin promoting more injury, scale flaking, and infection. It should never be used on large areas, burns, or large lacerations. For burns, and large lacerations you need to use cream based products. Only.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Registered User Torey Torsiello's Avatar
    Thanks
    i only put the neosporin on him once... ive been swabbing the area directly with the betadine and his skin has cleared up a lot. I just unplugged the heating pad again after i read one of the posts again... its only been on under the water bowl for two days i was trying something different... the humidity has stayed at a good level since ive done this and the temperature hasnt gotten out of control... but if you say the glass is gunna shatter if the water spill i dont want that to happen so i already unplugged it.. thank you for telling me... i still havent gotten the thermostat some of the places ive found them are ridiculously expensive... i gotta get him a new tank soon too
    TT

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    You can order the hydrofarm for $28, or at the very least a rheostat from HD
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    I just ordered ahydrofarm tstat from amazon, and it was $32 with shipping.
    Can't stop with just one!
    0.2 normal bp's (Crusher and Zoiee)
    1.0 normal burmese (Mitch)

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: snake in bad shape pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon91 View Post
    dosnt this kind of thing mke you wonder why the creators of the heat pads dont put a dimmer or thermostat built in on the products they sell to people for heating a reptile enclosure when they no that everyday joe will pull it in and end up hurting the animals
    op just keep it clean i got a rescue with a burn hope hes ok and gets better
    UGH, I KNOW!!!!! i even freaking emailed ZooMed to ask why they don't just manufacture a thermostat right in, and they gave some TOTAL BS response that indicates they actually know nothing about their products. i'm not sure if i still have the email exchange, but i will see if i can find it to post for you guys.

OP, good job on unplugging that heat mat, they can be very dangerous if you don't fully know how to use them. luckily you found this great site!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123