Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,179

1 members and 3,178 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Good to know, i got a good deal on 10adult pairs and 200mixed for $35 shipped.

Crickets stink sooo bad, just 12large crickets can out smell a roach colony in a matter of minutes.
    Why? Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings? We'll run on our own legs. - Kiba "Wolf's rain"

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    Dubias are amazing feeders for beardies. I just can't get past the whole roach thing personally..... If you keep crickets keep them in a 10 gallon with cricket crack. This will help them survive. The dead ones are what smells and dead crickets release some type of toxin that will speed up the death of other crickets. Be sure to check your cage every couple of days and clean out any death. I also clean the cage with dish soap and hot water weekly. (a lot of work....but hey...no smell)

I have done this know for over a year and have had great sucess in keeping most alive until feeding time.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Registered User westcoastroaches's Avatar
    Thanks
    Dubias are cheaper and a better feeders on all accounts than crickets.

Dubia can't jump, fly, and don't smell. They definitely don't make any noise to keep you up all night. Dubia also have no instances of parasites in their guts being transferred to your dragon.

1 vet bill of 500.00 because some cricket parasites will make anyone see the light.

If you are looking for Roaches for your dragon, you would do your self justice finding a website that specializes in breeding and raising Dubia roaches for the reptile community.

Whether you want to just purchase feeders, or start your own colony, you can find good deals that will get you a lot more for your money than a few over priced females and 200 Small to Medium Roaches.

With them breeders you can expect to have if your lucky 200-300 babies per month that will take 3 or more months to grow to an adequate size to feed anything over a small dragon for 5 days.

Setting yourself up for success start from the first order of Dubia you make is important. Dont make the same mistakes that so many others do. Countless dragon owners who set out to breed their own Dubia find themselves growing very small amounts of the roaches and buying alot more monthly to feed their dragons.

Many people have bought a colony to start with, and still end up buying plenty of feeders every month just to get buy.

Dubias are cheaper than crickets and will go a lot further.Do some research and find the best deal you can on Dubia before you commit to buying any at all. You can find them all over the net. Amazon, Ebay, and Google will all point you to the right direction and all the information you will need to successful feed your Dragon for less.

**LOOK FOR THE PLACES THAT WILL GIVE YOU MORE FOR LESS**
    I routinely double (100% over count) the counts on orders and provide 2 day shipping for all orders. You can get a cost per roach as low as half a penny each and still get free supplies to care for them..

WestCoastRoaches
    WestCoastRoaches.com

The Leader in Feeders

Thanks

The Deal with Dubia Roaches

Dubias are cheaper and a better feeders on all accounts than crickets.

Dubia can't jump, fly, and don't smell. They definitely don't make any noise to keep you up all night. Dubia also have no instances of parasites in their guts being transferred to your dragon.

1 vet bill of 500.00 because some cricket parasites will make anyone see the light.

If you are looking for Roaches for your dragon, you would do your self justice finding a website that specializes in breeding and raising Dubia roaches for the reptile community.

Whether you want to just purchase feeders, or start your own colony, you can find good deals that will get you a lot more for your money than a few over priced females and 200 Small to Medium Roaches.

With them breeders you can expect to have if your lucky 200-300 babies per month that will take 3 or more months to grow to an adequate size to feed anything over a small dragon for 5 days.

Setting yourself up for success start from the first order of Dubia you make is important. Dont make the same mistakes that so many others do. Countless dragon owners who set out to breed their own Dubia find themselves growing very small amounts of the roaches and buying alot more monthly to feed their dragons.

Many people have bought a colony to start with, and still end up buying plenty of feeders every month just to get buy.

Dubias are cheaper than crickets and will go a lot further.Do some research and find the best deal you can on Dubia before you commit to buying any at all. You can find them all over the net. Amazon, Ebay, and Google will all point you to the right direction and all the information you will need to successful feed your Dragon for less.

**LOOK FOR THE PLACES THAT WILL GIVE YOU MORE FOR LESS**
    I routinely double (100% overcount) the counts on orders and provide 2 day shipping for all orders. You can get a cost per roach as low as half a penny each and still get free supplies to care for them..

WestCoastRoaches
    WestCoastRoaches.com

The Leader in Feeders

Thanks

dubia

i used to have 3 dubia roach colonies until i went on vacation for 2 weeks and along with 2 golden tegus and a monitor lizard, they all died in my friends care

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Can I feed dubia roaches to a bearded dragon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorpheus View Post
    (Toxic levels of calcium for the bugs)
    Calcium isn't fat soluble.. so doesn't that mean that any excesses simply get excreted? Perhaps D3 poisoning would be an issue though.

Thanks

Re: Can I feed dubia roaches to a bearded dragon ?

Or the friend. I am sure the Dubia didn't do it.
    WestCoastRoaches.com

The Leader in Feeders

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12