Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

2 members and 3,275 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Ibc???

Thanks

Ibc???

Don't have a Boa yet but I’m doing my research cause i would love to have one soon. Currently i have a corn and a grey banded king. I’m curious as to what this IBC is and i see a lot of people quarantine there boas before putting them in the same room as other snakes. How important is this? How do you detect it? What do you do if it occurs? Are there any other concerns about having boas in the same room as other species?

Thanks
    Last edited by Maixx; 07-21-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    -Karl

0.1 Wild type Bp (Eve)
    1.0 Pastel Bp (Aeries)
    0.1 Russian Ratsnake (Vasilisa)
    0.0.1 Bairds Ratsnake (Romeo)

http://www.iherp.com/maixx

Thanks

Re: Ibc???

Oh damn, IBD....lol Thanks

Thanks

Inclusion Body Disease (IBD) is like the boogeyman in the closet. It's a disease that is attributed to everything from neurological issues (caused by heat, stress, parasites, etc), to respiratory issues and every other little "off" things snakes do.

If you purchase your animal from a reputable dealer, IBD shouldn't be an issue.

Also, I'd like to add that you should quarantine evey new animal, but this wouldn't help stop IBD. As animals can carry IBD for years without symptoms.

From the sounds of it though, you don't have to worry about IBD spreading through your collection since it is boid specific. Colubrids can not get IBD.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.C View Post
    Inclusion Body Disease (IBD) is like the boogeyman in the closet. It's a disease that is attributed to everything from neurological issues (caused by heat, stress, parasites, etc), to respiratory issues and every other little "off" things snakes do.

If you purchase your animal from a reputable dealer, IBD shouldn't be an issue.

Also, I'd like to add that you should quarantine evey new animal, but this wouldn't help stop IBD. As animals can carry IBD for years without symptoms.

From the sounds of it though, you don't have to worry about IBD spreading through your collection since it is boid specific. Colubrids can not get IBD.
    OH wow, I did not know that. Thanks for the helpfull info everyone. I dont plan on having more than one Boa, but you know how that goes..lol thats what i said about the first snake i got.