Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,299

1 members and 3,298 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts

At what point do you celebrate the end of a hunger strike?

My PYB has been a thorn in my side since I got her. It took me 3 weeks to get her eating when I got her and then she only ate for 4 weeks before she stopped for 2 months. >_<

So far it seems like her hunger strike is over. She took a pinkie rat on the 14th and actually was acting hungry so I offered her a rat pup on the 15th and she took it. She also took a rat pup tonight, but given past experience with her I'm hesitant to declare her hunger strike over. She took the rat pup pretty fast tonight but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

On a positive note I'm 100% on feeding again this week AND my new bee has taken f/t 3 times for me so far. (She's eating hoppers so I'm feeding every 3 days.) I didn't even have to do the pre-killed step in switching from live.

Since I'm talking feeding, I might as well ask this too. My normal has stopped striking at food. She acts like she wants to but I get tired of waiting and just leave it in for her and she just swallows it. Do you think she has caught on and realized that the food is not alive? She has me really confused because this is the second week she's done this.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks

Re: At what point do you celebrate the end of a hunger strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    Since I'm talking feeding, I might as well ask this too. My normal has stopped striking at food. She acts like she wants to but I get tired of waiting and just leave it in for her and she just swallows it. Do you think she has caught on and realized that the food is not alive? She has me really confused because this is the second week she's done this.
    My normal girl did that for a while too. She'd stop midway if you started watching her. Maybe she does know it's already dead. As long as she still eats I guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    , that they are both eating
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi