Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,197

2 members and 3,195 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    House Snakes Addict... Aes_Sidhe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 848 Posts
    I gonna Loose my patience in The Minute....

68A-6.0022 EXCLUDE BALL PYTHONS FROM POSSESSION

THERE IS NO WORD ABOUT ELUDING FOR SALE

A permit is required for personal possession, exhibition or SALE of Class III wildlife

Rule 68A-6.0022 is about excluding that listed species from having Class III PERMIT FOR POSSESSION NOT FOR SALE

The following species do not require a permit for personal POSSESSION as long as no other Rule or Statute applies. Examples include, but are not limited to, rules for Threatened or Endangered Species:

and because ball python qualify in point a) Reptiles or amphibians (nonvenomous, unprotected species that are NOT listed as endangered, threatened, species of special concern, conditional reptiles, or otherwise regulated)
    that means You dont need permit if You want keep it as a pet...

ONE MORE TIME :
    The following species do not require a permit for personal POSSESSION as long as no other Rule or Statute applies. Examples include, but are not limited to, rules for Threatened or Endangered Species:

Same as exuding have permit for hamster guinea pig or beta Fish... BUT For SALE all that Species in Rule 68A-6.0022 are still qualified as CLASS III WILD LIFE

CLEAR NOW ??

CLICK HERE to LIKE The RLReptiles on FACEBOOK

Rafal Lisinski

1.0 Striped African House Snake "Marduk"
    0.1 Striped African House Snake Ishtar
    1.0 black phase Brown House Snake Seth
    0.1 black phase Brown House Snake Nephthys

Thanks

Re: Attention breeders in Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    I had a visitor at my HOUSE yesterday morning. It was the local Florida Wildlife Commission investigator! He introduced himself, showed his badge and then asked to see my Florida license for selling wildlife in Florida. Safe to say my heart just about stopped... Especially when I saw his handcuffs on his belt!
    Glad you didn't go to the pokie! Bet that was an eye opener.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aes_Sidhe View Post
    I gonna Loose my patience in The Minute....

68A-6.0022 EXCLUDE BALL PYTHONS FROM POSSESSION

THERE IS NO WORD ABOUT ELUDING FOR SALE

A permit is required for personal possession, exhibition or SALE of Class III wildlife

Rule 68A-6.0022 is about excluding that listed species from having Class III PERMIT FOR POSSESSION NOT FOR SALE

and because ball python qualify in point a) Reptiles or amphibians (nonvenomous, unprotected species that are NOT listed as endangered, threatened, species of special concern, conditional reptiles, or otherwise regulated)
    that means You dont need permit if You want keep it as a pet...

ONE MORE TIME :

Same as exuding have permit for hamster guinea pig or beta Fish... BUT For SALE all that Species in Rule 68A-6.0022 are still qualified as CLASS III WILD LIFE

CLEAR NOW ??
    NO... IT IS NOT CLEAR. Not the way THAT particular regulation is worded!

Class III wildlife are all species not listed as Class I or Class II; and not among those species that are specifically listed as not requiring a permit for personal possession in rule 68A-6.0022, FAC.

That AND is part of the definition of a CLASS III WILDLIFE. It has nothing to do with what you can do with a CLASS III!

C'mon now...
    Last edited by anatess; 07-19-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks
    With letter in words : personal possession.. You dont Understand ??

Ok I;ll pass...

There are 2 possibilities there...

Or my English suck because is not my native language...

Or you case is so hopeless that even Dr. House cant help here...

Rafal Lisinski

Thanks

With letter in words : personal possession.

OMG I think I almost peed my pants!! HAHAHAHA!! That was FUNNY!!!!

Okay....SO......let me see if I UNDERSTAND this............you are saying that the regulations imply that if you have a pet guniea pig (that you "possess" a pet guniea pig) that you do not have to have a permit. However, if your Guniea pig turns out to be a female and has babies and you want to SELL them, then you have to apply to get a PERMIT to SELL the Guniea pigs.....because now that you are SELLING, they are considered Type III wildlife that requires a permit??

Because let me tell you, I have A TON of people (I'm talking at LEAST a dozen personal friends) who SELL parakeets, hamsters, guniea pigs, geckos, etc and NONE of them have a PERMIT to do so.

However, if that is what you're saying....that if you OWN a ball python as a PET you do not have to have a PERMIT. But if you want to SELL your ball python then you have to have a permit.

Sorry FWC but that is the most absured backwards load of you-know-what that I have EVER heard. I am with you anatess...I am contacting FWC myself. This is bologna.
    Tikigator Exotics & Chondro Collective (find us on facebook!)

Thanks
    I just called FWC and spoke with an officer. She said in order to OWN a ball python as a PET you do NOT have to have a license but if you want to SELL or EXHIBIT you MUST have a license.

I'm applying, better safe than sorry. With my luck they would show upto my house or bust me on craigslist! I do own a business though and have an LLC but she said I still have to have a license with FWC. I think it's just another way for them to make some bucks.
    Tikigator Exotics & Chondro Collective (find us on facebook!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tikigator View Post
    OMG I think I almost peed my pants!! HAHAHAHA!! That was FUNNY!!!!

Okay....SO......let me see if I UNDERSTAND this............you are saying that the regulations imply that if you have a pet guniea pig (that you "possess" a pet guniea pig) that you do not have to have a permit. However, if your Guniea pig turns out to be a female and has babies and you want to SELL them, then you have to apply to get a PERMIT to SELL the Guniea pigs.....because now that you are SELLING, they are considered Type III wildlife that requires a permit??

Because let me tell you, I have A TON of people (I'm talking at LEAST a dozen personal friends) who SELL parakeets, hamsters, guniea pigs, geckos, etc and NONE of them have a PERMIT to do so.

However, if that is what you're saying....that if you OWN a ball python as a PET you do not have to have a PERMIT. But if you want to SELL your ball python then you have to have a permit.
    That's exactly right... but because hamsters guinea pigs or parakeets are cute fluffy small creatures not "MONSTER KILLING PEOPLE" ball pythons nobody probably give squat about them... but by law You need Class III permit to sell them.... And I bet If you take your Ball Python to the park and FWC officer gonna have bad day and wanna be pain in the ass He could ask You for Your CLASS III Permit for public exhibition... because by theory u should have one (so people Who walk in South Florida Cities and offer for example pictures with Boa constrictor or green Iguana they for sure gonna be ask for that permit)

Stupid I know... maybe even ridiculous... but less ridiculous that banning all boas and pythons just because they are boa or pythons like we have in NYC (CITY Limits ONLY) so Yea... if you have them in your home just as pets... You are totally fine.. but if you want to sell them... 50$ per year ... that much that gonna cost you...
    Last edited by Aes_Sidhe; 07-19-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Rafal Lisinski

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    NO... IT IS NOT CLEAR. Not the way THAT particular regulation is worded!

Class III wildlife are all species not listed as Class I or Class II; and not among those species that are specifically listed as not requiring a permit for personal possession in rule 68A-6.0022, FAC.

That AND is part of the definition of a CLASS III WILDLIFE. It has nothing to do with what you can do with a CLASS III!

C'mon now...
    To put this COMPLETELY CLEARLY...
    A ball python is NOT listed as Class I or Class II
    A ball python is NOT listed amoung those species specifically listed as not requiring a permit.
    Therefor a ball python IS a Class III captive wildlife.

I think you are misreading the tenses. Ball pythons are Class III.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    To put this COMPLETELY CLEARLY...
    A ball python is NOT listed as Class I or Class II
    A ball python is NOT listed amoung those species specifically listed as not requiring a permit.
    Therefor a ball python IS a Class III captive wildlife.

I think you are misreading the tenses. Ball pythons are Class III.
    No wolfy. Ball Pythons are not Class III because they are listed among those species specifically listed as not requiring a permit... it's the very first one on that list. It's letter a.) even.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

With letter in words : personal possession.. You dont Understand ??

Ok I;ll pass...

There are 2 possibilities there...

Or my English suck because is not my native language...

English is only my 3rd language, so that's not an excuse.

READ IT AGAIN. The Statement under Class III Wildlife is exactly what wolfy stated above. The specific mention of "not listed in the personal possession list" is NOT in the statement that specifies what you can DO with a class III wildlife. It is in the statement that specifies the DEFINITION of a class III wildlife.

I am not debating you on what you can do with Class III wildlife. I am arguing with you that a Ball Python is NOT considered a Class III wildlife therefore, is not subject to the Class III wildlife requirements!

I am not questioning whether a ball python requires a permit for sale or not. I am questioning WHERE in the Florida Administration Code does it state that a Ball Python requires a permit for sale... because that Class III wildlife is NOT it - or if it is, it is arguable.

Just so you can be a bit confident in my English... English may just be my 3rd language, but I did study it formally for 12 years and I worked for a bit at my uncle's law office wading through regulations and codes. A lot of times, a regulation is worded differently from the intent of the bill and finalized into code with that mis-statement. That's usually how a lawyer can get away with a "loophole" in the law when brought to court and how some judge can arbitrary rule from the bench by deciding on perceived intent instead of wording!

So, if the intent is that ball python sales permit is required by virtue of Class III wildlife then somebody has to change the wording of that code. Because, as it stands now, that code holds shaky water if brought before a judge.
    Last edited by anatess; 07-20-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast