Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,367

1 members and 1,366 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: babies not eating

Quote Originally Posted by akaangela View Post
    Well good news. Two (of course the two male mojos) ate a mouse hopper. Guess they didn't like the crawlers, wonder why. Now if the little girls would eat and I could find the male BEL I would be sitting on top of the world.
    Find the male BEL?????

Thanks
    Yep. My pride and joy vanished. I offered him food. Went back to check on him and he was GONE, VANISHED. The worst part was his tub was next to my chair (by our floor to ceiling bookcase built into the wall). He is nowhere near the snake rack so it is wait and see if he shows up. How you like them apples? Stinks doesn't it and you thought you where having a bad day.
    1:1 Mojaves 1:1 Cinnamon :1 Pinstripe :1 Spider :6 Normal :1 Albino 1: Butter :1 pastel :1 yellow belly :1 100% het albino

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    He'll turn up, my htachling pastel ringer went MIA on me last season. I was so freaked out because I was in the process of packing up the house and had boxes everywhere. I found him a week later, of all places in the bathtub!

I was amazed, then a thought came to me, what if he had gotten into the toilet and accidently got flushed in the middle of the night!
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

akaangela (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Re: babies not eating

Quote Originally Posted by akaangela View Post
    Well good news. Two (of course the two male mojos) ate a mouse hopper. Guess they didn't like the crawlers, wonder why. Now if the little girls would eat and I could find the male BEL I would be sitting on top of the world.
    My guess is that pinks and crawlers just aren't active enough to arouse a hatchling's curiosity/appetite. Mice (hoppers to adults), on the other hand, do get attention and usually do trigger a good feeding response.

Sorry your BEL is missing! Hope he turns up soon!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet Tempest For This Useful Post:

akaangela (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    I normally start the hatchlings off on mouse hoppers since they tend to trigger the snakes to eat. Most of the time I try f\t rats first they fail to eat them till theyve had around 5 or so meals of mouse hoppers. I had a baby het hypo male that was 53 grams out of the egg. He refused food for a month after his shed till I tried the mouse hopper. Soon as the hopper hit the tub floor he had already bit an started constricting it. Good luck finding the BEL male.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12