Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,162

1 members and 1,161 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,581
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Thread: acurite temp

Thanks

acurite temp

i have a acurite temp gauge and it has the in and out and humidity. so my middle 28qt tub on a 5 shelf melamine rack my thermostat shows its 87.0 degrees and the acurite shows the in is 80.1 and out is 86.7 and humidity shows 49% so should i go by the out temp or the in temp

Thanks
    I guess it depends on where you have the probe... If it's one of the accurite ones that has a probe on it, the probe measures the OUT temp. That probe should be directly on your hot spot. The unit itself measures the IN temp, and that should be placed in the cool side of the tub... That way, you get readings for both the hot and cool sides without having to move anything...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inknsteel For This Useful Post:

mdfreak2 (07-13-2011)

Thanks

Re: acurite temp

Quote Originally Posted by Inknsteel View Post
    I guess it depends on where you have the probe... If it's one of the accurite ones that has a probe on it, the probe measures the OUT temp. That probe should be directly on your hot spot. The unit itself measures the IN temp, and that should be placed in the cool side of the tub... That way, you get readings for both the hot and cool sides without having to move anything...
    oo ok so now its reading 89.8 on the hot side and i didnt know to put the whole thing in it so thats what i will do then. also my thermostat is reading int he same tub that its 87.8 and the acurite is reading 90.1 and i have the thermostat set for 89.0 what should i do

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdfreak2 View Post
    oo ok so now its reading 89.8 on the hot side and i didnt know to put the whole thing in it so thats what i will do then. also my thermostat is reading int he same tub that its 87.8 and the acurite is reading 90.1 and i have the thermostat set for 89.0 what should i do
    Are you using an on/off type thermostat? That looks like a temperature differential at work...
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks

well i had to fix my issue last night i had put my tstat probe into the middle tub well come to find out the heat tape was all the way up to 110 degrees and it was keeping the inside of the tub at 89 degrees so i put the probe on the heat tape unplugged the heat tape for a few minutes to cool back down so now i have it set to about 85 degrees and trying to get the males to produce sperm. now my acurite thermometer is saying lo on the hot side and my tstat is saying 85.3 does any1 know what could be my issue with the thermometer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vypyrz View Post
    Are you using an on/off type thermostat? That looks like a temperature differential at work...
    its a hydrafarm tstat it gets up to temp then turns off and when it gets a few degrees below it turns back on and heats up again