Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,168

0 members and 3,168 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

It's official.............I'm a real snake owner now.

Suni tagged me for the first time ever!!

Today I finally made the long anticipated switch to tubs. So I put Suni in and introduced her to her new home. Knowing better, I tried anyway to feed her. I tried as scheduled last week but had an issue in which she coiled but did not eat the rat. I think it may have been too long for her, although the width was just a bit bigger than her belly. Instead of trying to feed her one of the same rats (size wise), I stopped at the pet store and picked up an adult f/t mouse, which she immediately struck at but missed. After the miss, she seemed to have lost interest, so I just left the mouse in the tub with her. About thirty minutes later, I was just browsing the web, periodically admiring my tub work and I noticed that the tstat probe was lying on the floor. I took off the lid and put it on the floor, along with Suni and the paper towel that the mouse was lying on, and then put the probe in the tub under the warm side hide. So then there I was, minding my merry little business just trying to rearrange everything, picked up the paper towel, then picked up the mouse, put both the tub, reached to pick up Suni and tagged!!!! . Totally my fault

I give myself credit in the fact that I made it ALMOST a year as a BP owner without a bite. LOL! But I took it like a champ. Wanted to share. My boyfriend has no interest in this hobby so when I tried to show him little marks, he didn't even care, which actually hurt worse than the bite! Hahaha!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    HEHE! I am yet to get tagged. My hubby has been tagged twice by my oldest BP. Both times were my fault I was blow drying the rat not to far from his tub. He could smell it so when hubby opened the tub and went to take him out he was ready for his dinner Now I have to go in another room at the other end of the house. Hubby said it didn't hurt just felt like a scratch. It startled him more than anything. He said I hope they never bite you because you probably want hold them anymore. Yes I would after I
    Last edited by DellaF; 06-24-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks

Re: It's official.............I'm a real snake owner now.

LOL! Cause and effect, and you learn from your mistakes. For some reason...a feeder doesn't look so good, until you try to take it out with your hand.
    Long Tongs come in handy in this situation. LOL!
    Sorry, I have been there.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Pastel 0.1 Pastel Het Orange Ghost 1.1 Spider 0.1 Pinstripe 1.1 Orange Ghost 0.3 Normals 0.1 Chocolate Lesser 1.4 Lessers 0.1 Het Orange Ghost 1.1 Fire 0.2 Het Red Axanthic 1.2 Lesser Het Red Axanthic 0.1 Fire Het Red Axanthic 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 Yellow Belly 0.1 Bumblebee 0.1 Genitic Banded 1.0 Enchi

Corn Snakes 0.1 Pink Snow

Crested Geckos 1.0 Red Harlequin 0.1 Chocolate Harlequin 0.1 Red Flame 0.1 Flame

Thanks

Hahaha, it's almost fun getting tagged if only for the little 'Oh crap!' moment. I've been tagged twice, once by a recently purchased BP (understandable, I was messing with him) and then by my head-shy albino girl when I was carrying her away from a feeding tub where she refused her meal (the arm of the hand I opened the door with, the shadow scared her).

There was also this one time where she went straight for my face/hand when I opened her tub but struck the front wall of it first. She has such a 'tude!
    Last edited by thewesterngate; 06-24-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.1 Citrus Ghosts
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Normal

0.1 Red Blood Python
    1.0 Corn Snake
    0.1 Hognose
    1.2 Crested Geckos
    0.1 Leachianus