Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,431

2 members and 3,429 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

other people handling your balls..:)

are you okay with other people handling your animals?..or are you very cautious with that type of thing?

i dont mind..in fact i encourage anyone who seems curious about snakes and such to handle my balls. my g/f was scared of snakes before i got my pythons and now she holds them often..which i find attractive

Thanks

Sometimes.....

depending on who it is ,see some of my older friends(not in age known them long enough) handle them i wont stress,but the rookies to reptiles i do get nervous specially one person who always ends up dropping someone one the floor...Oh i agree to a ladholding a snake is hot.....sometimes...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to scale_fever For This Useful Post:

J.Coils (06-24-2011)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Coils View Post
    are you okay with other people handling your animals?..or are you very cautious with that type of thing?

i dont mind..in fact i encourage anyone who seems curious about snakes and such to handle my balls. my g/f was scared of snakes before i got my pythons and now she holds them often..which i find attractive
    Usually the people that are allowed in the snake room (and that's not many) I have no issue letting them handling my animals (except for 1), those people are snake owners themselves so it's not an issue.

Other people with not ownership experience make me VERY nervous but so far there has not been many, non snake people do not care about my snake room, most don't even know it exist.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

J.Coils (06-24-2011)

Thanks

Re: other people handling your balls..:)

so far the coolest experience(sp?)i had was my mother holding my snakes..she was always fearful of them and would never let me get one as a kid but she held one of my ball pythons and she loved him,she even asks to see him when she comes to my house sometimes..that was crazy/cool

children im always a little leary of but i havent had any incidents with dropping or anything..certain people i know for sure i wouldnt hand them over to. because if they drop my snake..i'd be forced to drop them and nobody wants that

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    I don't mind people holding my snakes as long as I am there to supervise. I think it's great when someone who is on the fence about snakes holds one of mine and then starts to think they are cool.

My main concern is that I can't trust half of my collection not to bit someone. Most of them are still young and snappy. I would hate for someone who is iffy about snakes to get bit by one of them.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kinra For This Useful Post:

J.Coils (06-24-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    I don't mind people holding my snakes as long as I am there to supervise. I think it's great when someone who is on the fence about snakes holds one of mine and then starts to think they are cool.

My main concern is that I can't trust half of my collection not to bit someone. Most of them are still young and snappy. I would hate for someone who is iffy about snakes to get bit by one of them.
    yeah that may turn them off all together..good point

Thanks
    I'm hyper-paranoid about my collection catching some nasty virus so I don't usually let anyone near them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spitzu For This Useful Post:

J.Coils (06-24-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spitzu View Post
    I'm hyper-paranoid about my collection catching some nasty virus so I don't usually let anyone near them.
    ahh yes..i usually ask people to was their hands first. i get what you're saying though..nothing wrong with that

Thanks
    I haven't had a lot of opportunity to let anyone hold my snakes. I always supervise the few people who have and I have no problem with it. I think it's awesome when my 7 year old step-daughter asks if she can hold the snakes. Other than that, it's only been my wife (always supervised) and a good friend and fellow board member who also keeps bps, so I trust him...

Thanks

I'm very picky about who I let handle my snakes or even who I let into my reptile room. Even my best friends who I am comfortable with handling my snakes, know that I have to be there in the room with them.

Just last weekend, my mother in law invited some friends out to the club and had them meet her here. I was in the middle of feeding my baby balls (they are in the living room) and this guy walks in and starts going nuts because he LOVES snakes and wants to hold them(which I did not allow). Of course the sudden activity freaks the two babies I was feeding out and they didn't eat. He asks to see my other snakes and to be nice to my mother in law I take him into the reptile room. Big mistake. He asks to see my boa (I had mentioned to him I had one) and so I pull her tub out. She is, of course, hungry and I tell him its best if we don't take her out because she's hungry. Without hesitation he reaches in and grabs her and pulls her out of the tub and starts spouting off how to properly handle a snake. I was like wth? I got her back from him and put her away and ended the "tour". Now I'm really paranoid about people in my reptile room.
    Last edited by Jay_Bunny; 06-24-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Under Construction.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast