Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,143

2 members and 3,141 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Is This The Snake?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea!

1 4.35%
  • Nope, but still worth $250 / Leave your guess

4 17.39%
  • Totally tricked into a normal ball :<

18 78.26%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Help me See If I got the right Morph :D

Quote Originally Posted by Freya Crescent View Post
    Yea the camera makes the grey and black look brown... I dunno. I emailed him for some more info.

He is a pretty snake and hope his colors come out more as he gets bigger.

I guess if he is HET I could always look forward for some babies
    Ok here is how you can determine if its a het for axanthic.Did you get any papers saying this snake was het for axanthic? If he is het for axanthic the ONLY way you will produce ANY axanthic babies from him is to buy either a female het axanthic from Mike Jollif (since its his line) or a visual axanthic(once again from Mike).When looking at snakes at a show you need to look at the words on the lid of the container and make sure you ask questions.Since the sellar knows which snake is which it makes life easier for you knowing what you really have.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Ok here is how you can determine if its a het for axanthic.Did you get any papers saying this snake was het for axanthic? If he is het for axanthic the ONLY way you will produce ANY axanthic babies from him is to buy either a female het axanthic from Mike Jollif (since its his line) or a visual axanthic(once again from Mike).When looking at snakes at a show you need to look at the words on the lid of the container and make sure you ask questions.Since the sellar knows which snake is which it makes life easier for you knowing what you really have.
    Pretty sure it said HET Male Tiger Axanthic Paradox, He sold it to me himself, but no paperwork for it. There was another in the container with him that was almost totally dark brown. He didn't wanna give it up for anything less then the $250, but offered no paperwork with it. He was in a pretty rush to get it done and get back to where ever he was.

Thanks

Pretty sure it said HET Male Tiger Axanthic Paradox, He sold it to me himself, but no paperwork for it. There was another in the container with him that was almost totally dark brown. He didn't wanna give it up for anything less then the $250, but offered no paperwork with it. He was in a pretty rush to get it done and get back to where ever he was.
    Are you sure it didnt say Male Tiger Het Axanthic maybe ? When people have several snakes in one container at a show they right several things on the lid(descriptions of each snake in it) and if you dont know which snake your looking at it can get confusing.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Are you sure it didnt say Male Tiger Het Axanthic maybe ? When people have several snakes in one container at a show they right several things on the lid(descriptions of each snake in it) and if you dont know which snake your looking at it can get confusing.
    Nah.. the containers were big enough that they didn't run into each other. He tried to point out the paradox spot to me but had trouble finding it :3

Thanks

Here us what I received back from him, I wish I spoke snake talk :p

The Tiger is a dominant or co-dominant genetic banded form. Supers seem to have a very clean pattern &/or pattern reduction as well. The paradox is barely visibly now but randomly occurs in various mutations. It just means there are parts that are mutated & parts that are "normal" in color. The normal spot on that guy has kinda blended out but it was just one saddle of brown up against the silver/black/white snake. All animals change in age & multiple things factor into how brown the animal may get. The animal you purchased is a Tiger meaning approx half the offspring will have genetic banded pattern. It is also PH VPI Ax. & Ghost

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Then, if he has the morph info right, in regards to what you stated in your first post you didn't get what you thought you were getting. You did get a morph which might or might not also carry the traits needed to make axanthics or ghosts.

But there is also some odd things in his email that I would ask to be clarified.

If the snake was only a possible het axanthic how did it come to be silver/ black/ white? Those are the colours of a visual axanthic not a het.

It's possible he means the snake was a genetic banded ( the european tiger morph ) axanthic that has browned out - which might explain the paradox spot being masked.

But I would ask him about it - he may be confusing you with the person who bought the normal looking snake you mentioned was in the same tank or something.

dr del
    Last edited by dr del; 06-21-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Nah.. the containers were big enough that they didn't run into each other. He tried to point out the paradox spot to me but had trouble finding it :3
    Here us what I received back from him, I wish I spoke snake talk :p

The Tiger is a dominant or co-dominant genetic banded form. Supers seem to have a very clean pattern &/or pattern reduction as well. The paradox is barely visibly now but randomly occurs in various mutations. It just means there are parts that are mutated & parts that are "normal" in color. The normal spot on that guy has kinda blended out but it was just one saddle of brown up against the silver/black/white snake. All animals change in age & multiple things factor into how brown the animal may get. The animal you purchased is a Tiger meaning approx half the offspring will have genetic banded pattern. It is also PH VPI Ax. & Ghost
    See now you know what i meant when i said make sure you read the description of the snake and ask question.So thats why you did not get paperwork because its only a possible het.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Then, if he has the morph info right, in regards to what you stated in your first post you didn't get what you thought you were getting. You did get a morph which might or might not also carry the traits needed to make axanthics or ghosts.

But there is also some odd things in his email that I would ask to be clarified.

If the snake was only a possible het axanthic how did it come to be silver/ black/ white? Those are the colours of a visual axanthic not a het.

It's possible he means the snake was a genetic banded ( the european tiger morph ) axanthic that has browned out - which might explain the paradox spot being masked.

But I would ask him about it - he may be confusing you with the person who bought the normal looking snake you mentioned was in the same tank or something.

dr del
    It's possible het VPI axanthic, key word being VPI, not Joliff. Still a visual homozygous jollif axanthic. The paradox blending in probably happened when the grey faded to brown so to speak, so it's hard to see now, as it probably changed in colour in the same way. The email all makes sense to me, I think you may have just gotten mixed up on the possible het VPI thing. Nice axanthic by the way OP! I'd breed to a hypo if I were you, just saying. Good luck! ~Caylan.s.~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Inugohan For This Useful Post:

dr del (06-22-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inugohan View Post
    It's possible het VPI axanthic, key word being VPI, not Joliff. Still a visual homozygous jollif axanthic. The paradox blending in probably happened when the grey faded to brown so to speak, so it's hard to see now, as it probably changed in colour in the same way. The email all makes sense to me, I think you may have just gotten mixed up on the possible het VPI thing. Nice axanthic by the way OP! I'd breed to a hypo if I were you, just saying. Good luck! ~Caylan.s.~
    Thanks for the optimism! It doesn't look like many others share your outlook on my baby. Do you think the price was right for something like this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123