Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,243

1 members and 1,242 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fred kick

Thanks

Re: Fred kick

Quote Originally Posted by rgang View Post
    I like the look of this pinstripe 66% het genetic stripe listed on kingsnake for 250.00 shipped but now that I am doing some research on these guys I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any thoughts? I am new to ball pythons and I don't want to start off with a sick snake or get ripped of.
    I don't know beans about the man from personal experience. But here is a general rule that I find helpful. I should buy from someone with an excellent reputation, even if it I pay a little more for the animal. Spending an extra $50 or $100 bucks up front is nothing compared to the potential cost of a single vet bill.

And if I'm looking to buy hets I'm doubly nuts if I don't buy from a guy or gal with a spotless reputation because with most hets all I really have to assure that I will get what I'm paying for is the seller's integrety.
    "Why I Have Grey Hair," the story of my life:

The cast: 0.1 het pied, Minnie, "Heartless." 0.1 pied, Dorothy, "The Girl Next Door." 0.1 mojave, Lily, "Stuck Up Little Princess." 0.1 pastel yb, Marilyn, "The Bombshell." 0.1 normal, Miss Maenad, "Femme Fatale." 1.0 dinker, Darth Jackass, "Scum of the Earth." 1.0 piebald, Mickey, "A Really Nice Guy." 1.0 jigsaw, Kaa, "The Young Dude." 0.1 cinnamon, Hera, "If Looks Could Kill" 0.1 pastel, Luna, "If It Moves, Eat It"

Recently joined by Badger and Honey, 1.1 spotnoses.

...and an ever-changing host of supporting actors and actresses: rat and ASF.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck_Crow View Post
    I don't know beans about the man from personal experience. But here is a general rule that I find helpful. I should buy from someone with an excellent reputation, even if it I pay a little more for the animal. Spending an extra $50 or $100 bucks up front is nothing compared to the potential cost of a single vet bill.

And if I'm looking to buy hets I'm doubly nuts if I don't buy from a guy or gal with a spotless reputation because with most hets all I really have to assure that I will get what I'm paying for is the seller's integrety.
    I firmly agree. with as much doubt and haze around Fred kicks reputation I'm not sure why people still take the chance. save your money and get a quality animal, not a quality vet bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Xan Powers!
    -Going back to being active-

Thanks
    *sniff sniff* anybody else smell that??
    Last edited by BigJ; 06-23-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xan Powers View Post
    I firmly agree. with as much doubt and haze around Fred kicks reputation I'm not sure why people still take the chance. save your money and get a quality animal, not a quality vet bill.

im not tryin to stick up for Fred Kick and say he is a good guy im just inputing this lil bit of information i purchased a 2010 female pinstripe from him and i have had no problems with this animal so far (knocks on wood). normally i dont do this but it was a spur of the moment purchase that i dont regret and im very happy with my purchase normally i would learn more about the person im buying from (example: i watched almost all of Garrick DeMeyers youtube vids before buying from him)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    *sniff sniff* anybody else smell that??
    what smells inside your home I could not possibly imagine. what might you be smelling sir

-Going back to being active-

BPnet Veteran King's Royal Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    I REALLY wish I would have checked here first.
    I bought a "100% het Genetic Stripe male and female" for $100. They arrived today covered in mites, covered in stuck shed, and the male has retained eye caps on both eyes!!!
    I guess I'll nurse them back to health, and look at it as a lesson learned. (Now I just hope that they ARE 100% hets)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeandsheleen View Post
    I bought a "100% het Genetic Stripe male and female" for $100. They arrived today covered in mites, covered in stuck shed, and the male has retained eye caps on both eyes!!!
    I guess I'll nurse them back to health, and look at it as a lesson learned. (Now I just hope that they ARE 100% hets)
    Post this on his Bad GUy Thread on Fauna BOI.

Thanks
    Oooooo...that sucks!! I almost bought a snake from Fred Kick a couple months ago. A really nice looking Pastave. I even sent the money through Paypal. He was very fast to respond to my emails up to that point. After I sent the money, he stopped answering my questions. I decided to google his name for the heck of it and saw his bad guy rants from others. That made me very nervous. LUCKILY I sent the money to the wrong email address!!!!!
    I waited a good week for the refund to my debit card from paypal, but that was well worth it in my opinion. I learned a valuable lesson at that point! ALWAYS do research on your breeders you buy from. I see my snakes as investments as much as they are pets. I am not speaking ill of Fred Kick. I'm sure there's more to some of those stories as well. I've also read that a lot of his high end stuff is really nice. Its the stuff he flips that he won't stand behind it seems...and in my opinion, that is not worth the risk when we are talking hundreds to thousands of dollars.
    Last edited by Reakt20; 11-01-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    1.0 Bumblebee, 1.0 Super Pastel, 1.0 Cinnamon, 1.0 Mojave, 1.0 Yellowbelly, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Pastel 50% het Caramel, 0.1 Spider, 0.1 Normal, 0.2 het albino, 0.1 possible het red dinker, 1.1 CH granite dinkers 1.0 Woma

1.0 Hypo BCI, 0.1 Hypo BCI (25% BCC) 66% het Anery, 0.1 Guyana BCC, 0.1 Cay Caulkers Boa, 0.1 Dumerils Boa 0.1 Anery BCI

0.1 Black Blood Python, 1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python, 0.1 Jaguar Coastal Carpet Python 1.1 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Tiger Coastal Carpet Python 0.1 Coastal Carpet Python

1.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu 0.0.1 Savannah Monitor 1.0 Hypo Citrus Pastel Beardie 0.0.1 Frilled Dragon 0.4 Leopard Geckos 1.0 Albino Black Rat Snake
    0.1 Russian Tortoise 0.0.1 Golden Gecko

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeandsheleen View Post
    A het genetic stripe pair for $100? That's one of those "If it sounds too good to be true" deals. Maybe he let them go cheap because they're in such bad shape and he didn't want to take the time to work with them....but no matter what, at this point, I'd consider their genetics very suspect. Sorry.
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran King's Royal Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    Post this on his Bad GUy Thread on Fauna BOI.
    I have emailed him and I'm giving him 24 hours to respond before I add to the Bad Guy Thread on the BOI, but if I need to, I will.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast