Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,178

0 members and 3,178 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I don't have any current pics of him at the moment... Didn't even think about getting pics last time I saw him... And he's always been able to get within 12'' of his UVB light. I *think* it's Fluker's light. I can't remember right now...

He's been moved into a larger enclosure now (36''x16''x18'') but don't know specifically if the height is right... Just looks about 18'' (granted, my estimation of measurements is always terrible...)

Next time I'm over there, I'll try and hold him... Tried last time, he ran and hid in the corner until he saw Daddy with the cup (he uses same cup to dust crickets with) then he got excited and ran to his piece of wood. He's a piggy, but does look a bit bigger since I saw him in the middle of May, when I said that, I got looked at like I was crazy. Apparently my bf didn't notice the growth, but then again, he sees him daily, unlike me, who sees him about every 2wks, to a month.

I still need a gram scale for my Ball, so I'll try getting my bf to get one for Uther too, since that seems like it'd be better to keep track of his growth...Or at least I'd think that, since the vet dosen't use measuring tape, he uses a scale

I'll have him later in the year (around August, but don't know for sure yet) since my bf is going to Basic Training, and I'll have him for about a year afterwards, and I'll try weighing him weekly just to keep track of him

Thanks
    Weighing is an excellent way to keep track of growth!

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Thanks
    So, good news!

I went over to my bf's house the other day, and they little guy has grown quite a bit since the the last time I saw him

And I told my bf he should look into getting a gram scale for the little guy ASAP. He said he'll do just that.

And, apparently the little guy hates being held I think he hates being held if he isn't given a minute to adjust...

Guess who got to hold him for 5 minutes with no freaking out? All I did was give him a bit of water from his spray bottle, and offer him some greens, lay my hand in front of him for a bit so he could smell, and see it as something that ISN'T a threat... Then slowly slid my hand under his tummy to lift him...

But, here's a couple pics from around Easter, when he stayed with me for a week

That mirror is just slightly bigger than a quarter

And here was the other day.
    That's a bottle cap, specifically a smartwater bottle cap, that I put in because it's again, close to a quarter size. This pic makes it hard to tell the size change I think

I'm not sure of the the size of the water dish... But, it no longer gets filled with water since Uther has decided it's his new bed... instead my bf uses his spare veggie bowl for his water.

Thanks

Re: Bearded Dragon not growing...

Are you sure his UVB IS UVB? How much did it cost?, and please do dust his crickets with calcium. Bearded dragons need almost all of their crickets dusted with calcium powder. UVB is also very essential, because it is good for their bones and coloring. Bearded dragons can from a bone disease very easily if you do not provide calcium (UVB and calcium powder). Your BD needs his bones to grow and expand... GIVE HIM CALCIUM.
    Last edited by Ballpython234; 07-15-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks
    He does get calcium. EVERY time he eats.

I can't remember how much the UVB light cost, as one, I didn't buy it, my bf did, and two, it was back in Feb. that it was bought. I was actually going to tell him we should get a new one in the next couple months (probably even Monday when he picks him up), since we just had to replace his heat bulb the other day (don't know if it just went out, or was some how damaged on the trip to my house for pet sitting, we put my Ball Python's bulb in his cage since he was going to the vet to get a general check up, and picked up a new bulb for my python on the way home)

I'd also like to point out, he has gotten bigger since I had him around Easter. I even posted about it
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...Uther-s-growth

Since he has grown, we're not as concerned as before, yes we still are a bit concerned, and watch his growth carefully (easier for me than my bf, who hardly notices his growth, I notice some at least every week)

Now we're working on his temperment, since he still dosen't like to be handled (We're doing this by putting him in a beanie hat at night when he's fallen asleep, after its been on my or my bf's bed all day, and having him sleep on us for about 30min at a time before putting him back in his cage, and now hand feeding his crickets only, unless we don't have the time)

All that aside, thanks everyone for your help

Thanks
    Oh lord don't get that cutie started on hand feeding. Babies are The worst for getting spoiled and never going back to eating on their own. Adults will also do it. They get used to the spoiling. And then one day when mom or dad don't want or can't hand feed. He won't eat. That becomes a very frustrating process. I've learned that lesson the hard way and now I guess I only spoil with love and attention. But all 10 of my beardies eat everything that's Put in front of them including the giant brood of over 100 babies. With out mommy sitting there and hand feeding veggies, or insects and i tell you those babies are so Cute. That gets very time consuming. Even if every once in a while they become used to what they like. And whom doesn't like their food hand fed to them. Hey I like cabana men fanning me and feeding me grapes while I'm at the beach! Lol. Ok anyways take it from me and especially with the food let that baby work to get it. A treat handfed every now and then is fine but I stay away from their staple food like that.
    With helping him get accustomed to handling. He's young so it'll take him a little time. But try not to come from the top. You look like a giant trying to eat him. As well as you could bring your hand a little in front or behind him and bring it sideways and almost scoop him up rather from his level than from the top.
    Either way he may pitch a couple fits but their alright he'll come around quickly.
    Hope this helps! Glad he's growing. Keep an eye on that though. And I would get a different UVB. Just in case you may have gotten a faulty one. As a baby he should be growing pretty quickly.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrownscales View Post
    I like cabana men fanning me and feeding me grapes while I'm at the beach!
    HA ha ha ha - love the mental picture! LOL!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrownscales View Post
    He's young so it'll take him a little time. But try not to come from the top. You look like a giant trying to eat him.
    Geez, this sounds SO familiar...

I have no clue why...

Wait, yes, I told this to my bf when we first got him. And I'm guessing that my bf dosen't go from the side when he's trying to hold him, since he seems to think Uther loves me more

But since putting the beanie hat in his cage nightly, and holding him a few minutes while he's sleeping in the hat, he hasn't been running as much when we put our hand in his cage, but actually giving an curious look.

As I type this hes running the legnth of his tank, looking at me, standing on his back legs and scratching the glass, no black beard either... So I'm gonna attempt holding him when he's not sleepy after I post this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12