Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,189

1 members and 3,188 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Bp climbing

Registered User Brass City Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

My Bp climbing

Thanks

Re: My Bp climbing

very cute.
    0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python 'Marcelene'
    1.0.0 Hypo Brooks Kingsnake, 'Limonchello'
    0.0.1 Western Ratsnake 'Sticker'

?.?.? Dubia Colony.
    ?.?.? Madagascar Hissing Colony
    2.0.0 Ferrets 'Ferris' & 'Steven'
    3 gallon planted tank
    1.0.0 Avicularia Avicularia 'Peter'
    0.0.1 Brachypelma vagans 'Little Dude'
    0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus 'Mr.Bitey'

0.1.0 Catahoula Pitbull Mix ' Imogen'

Thanks
    Just wondering.. are you housing those two BPs in one enclosure?
    1.0 '12 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP
    0.0.1 Nelson's Milk Snake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    Just wondering.. are you housing those two BPs in one enclosure?
    Oh jeez...I didn't even see that...
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    Yes.I know I'm not suppose to but I have had them in there with no problem I feed in separate tubs. And when they get a Lil older I'm going to separate them

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Well clearly you don't know why your not supposed to, otherwise you wouldn't.....
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    And tell me u know it all right u ppl on this form have so much to say it is a 75 gal tank and i keep every thing set up right so back off. So ur telling me that all u ppl having a snake in a tube all it's life is good right all they r to u ppl is money in ur pocket breeding them all there life..I take mine out I don't just take them out to put in a different tube to breed... 

Thanks

it is important for people to respect other's care preferences. But try to take advice on here for what it is worth. You probably see these two snakes "cuddle" at times, thinking it's cute. But unless the species has a reliable trait of being social it usually isn't what it seems. It is probably passive aggressive competition for the sweeter spots in the tank. I don't know your snakes, and have little information on them, but don't take what I say as criticism. There are always exceptions to any rules, and most people on here would rather give you the conventional wisdom and feel safer than tell you something that might hypothetically work. As for these supposed money grubbers... these are the people that are trying to bring this hobby into the next generation with innovation and expertise. They are the ones creating the amazing morphs that we all enjoy and cherish. If anything they should be commended. The care they use for their breeders is perfectly fine. Ball pythons can have large tanks like yours, and they can also be kept in smaller tubs.
    Ride the snake, ride the snake/ To the lake, the ancient lake, baby/ The snake is long, seven miles/ Ride the snake...he's old, and his skin is cold... (The End, The Doors)
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Ball python 1.1 Leopard Gecko 1 Crested Gecko 1 African Side Neck Turtle 0.1 Giant Plated Lizard 1 Ribbon Snake 0.0.1 Corn Snake 0.0.1 Tiger Salamander 0.0.1 Metallic Pinktoe Tarantula 0.1 Black Lab/Pit Bull mix 1

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nachash For This Useful Post:

JLC (05-27-2011),Quacking-Terror (05-24-2011),thedarkwolf25 (05-26-2011)

Thanks
    Yes u r right About it all but if ur not here seeing how they r then for her to come out like that is wrong. And I asked a breeder out here and I was told it is ok for a Lil it is not a forever setup for them.

Thanks
    @Married, the people here aren't in it 'for the money', they are snake lovers first, breeders second, sellers last. The health and comfort of the snake is important, more important than anything else.

That being said, everything I have read points to housing two BP's together is bad. There are multiple reasons for this, all of which you can find on this site. The people that commented in this thread aren't trying to be rude. Their posts reflected this. They are simply trying to advise you so that you can better care for your snakes. This way, you have them to enjoy for years to come, rather than some terrible thing happening and you losing one, or both, snakes. Heaven forbid that ever happen, but I'm thinking worst case scenario.

Please, even if you don't take the advice presented on this forum and in this thread, please realize that nobody is here to attack you, they are simply trying to help. Even if it makes you uncomfortable, you should at least consider their words.

Thank you for reading this!

Rick

Edit: Looks like nachash beat me to the punch. Very good points.
    Last edited by Quacking-Terror; 05-24-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Too late to the game!
    1.1.0 Normal BP's, Gene and <No Name Yet>
    .1 Red Tail Boa - Ruby
    .1 Creamsicle corn snake - Gobble

My snakey blog! Please read and comment, I value the opinions of the reptile community!

http://snakeystory.tumblr.com/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quacking-Terror For This Useful Post:

nachash (05-24-2011)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast