Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,404

1 members and 3,403 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

half and half tank

I have recently added a water side and waterfall to my ball Bogart's tank and wanna know if in the water side would it be ok to maybe add some fish, if that would be safe for him....

Registered User Keyboard Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't believe BP see fish as prey, but to me, it seems unnecessary...they dirty up the water, and the water wouldn't be safe for the BP to consume. Plus the food you put into the water, would likely add chemicals not safe for a BP. I don't know that last part for sure, but to me, it seems like a bad idea.

What kind of waterfall is it? I've heard of snakes and Bp's trying to get inside the waterfall and get stuck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Keyboard Warrior For This Useful Post:

Skittles1101 (05-21-2011)

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    If the water part is accessible to the BP, it will poop in the water. Any water warm enough to house fish is an invitation to a BP as a bathroom.

Bad idea. Also, BPs can swim, but they can also drown in water deeper than they are high.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

Skittles1101 (05-21-2011)

Thanks

Talking Re: half and half tank

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    I don't believe BP see fish as prey, but to me, it seems unnecessary...they dirty up the water, and the water wouldn't be safe for the BP to consume. Plus the food you put into the water, would likely add chemicals not safe for a BP. I don't know that last part for sure, but to me, it seems like a bad idea.

What kind of waterfall is it? I've heard of snakes and Bp's trying to get inside the waterfall and get stuck.

It is a homemade waterfall I cleaned some rocks and put a fountain pump inside and it seems to be working well he actually went into the water today and just chilled on top of the fountain as far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be a way for him to get inside, and you are prob right about the fish thanks I should have thought about that