Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,180

1 members and 3,179 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

I know i will look stupid to ask this question

how to put bp at your neck?i know how to handling them but i still dont have any courage n i dont know how to guide her to sit at my neck like others do.if u have a video tutorial,can u share it here.
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

Thanks
    There really is no special way to do it. You just put them up there around your neck. You don't need to coax them up there. I personally do not put snakes around my neck but a ball python is no real threat.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: I know i will look stupid to ask this question

Although it is not really recommended, some people still do it. It is easy, you just stretch the ball out, and put them behind your head and around your neck. The reason it is not a good idea is they might bite your face... I put my large snakes, such as boas, around my neck to help me hold them. They are long and heavy, and it is easier to hold them this way than in my hands. However, I am always ready to move them if something goes wrong.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks
    Wait until your BP loosens up after taking him out of the enclosure(which should only take a minute) and gently straighten his body out enought to place him behind your neck and over your shoulders

Thanks
    My oldest one just cruises around at will and ends up on my shoulders then draped around them then sits. He only does this because he knows me and is used to me.
    Bp's
    2.0 normal; 1.1 pastel; 0.1 pinstripe

T's
    0.5 Arizona Blonde; 1.1 A. Metallica; 0.1.1 A. Versicolor; 1.0 Mexican Fireleg; 0.1 B. Smithi; 1.1 B. Vagans; 0.1.1 GBB; 0.0.1 Rose-hair; 0.0.1 A. Brock; 0.2 G. Pulchripes; 0.1.1 P. Irminia; 0.0.3 P. Metallica; 0.0.1 OBT; 0.1 C. Fasciatum; 0.0.2 E. Murinus; 0.1 H. Gigas; 0.0.5 LP; 0.0.2 P. Regalis

Other: 1.0.2 chuckwala; 0.0.1 toad; 0.1 beta fish; 0.1 dog; 0.1 cat; 1.0 king snake
    Boarding: 0.1 Bearded Dragon

Thanks
    i do it with mine every now and than just stretch it a little and put it around ur neck i think they actually like it for the warmth mine will stay curled around my neck all day if i would let em, i wouldnt do it with a full grown one tho if they realy wanted too i think it could prob strangle you unlikely but u nvr no, and my last one that passed on me back in november that i got from petco he liked to explore alot and he ended up falling off my neck and onto my bed luckily it was the bed and not the hard wood floor! so becarful if you do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromabove View Post
    i do it with mine every now and than just stretch it a little and put it around ur neck i think they actually like it for the warmth mine will stay curled around my neck all day if i would let em, i wouldnt do it with a full grown one tho if they realy wanted too i think it could prob strangle you unlikely but u nvr no, and my last one that passed on me back in november that i got from petco he liked to explore alot and he ended up falling off my neck and onto my bed luckily it was the bed and not the hard wood floor! so becarful if you do
    Ball pythons can't strangle a full grown person. They are easily removed if they become too tight. It might be uncomfortable but not dangerous. I don't personally put them on my neck because I don't want to get in the habit of doing so just in case I ever get into keeping bigger snakes.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

i do it all the time just make sure you keep a gap between your neck and the snake hate to have you pass out and lose a snake bump ur head .... just becarefull
    1.0 Spider het ghost
    0.1 Pastel het ghost
    1.0 Normal
    1.1 Het Albino

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts
    I would never recommend anyone putting a constrictor around their necks.
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Thanks

If it's a ball python I have no issues with it around my neck, unless I suspect it'll try to bite my face lol. I just wait until the snake has chilled out a little after being removed, straighten them out a little and put them across the back of my neck. They'll curl around the front with their head and tail on their own, and they're usually happy to chill there.

As for any other constrictor, I wouldn't put anything that gets bigger or stronger than a ball python around my neck, unless I was doing it to hold it like was mentioned with large long snakes, because holding them with your hands and having them lay across the back of your shoulders helps support them a little better.
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast