Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,360

2 members and 3,358 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: Please help ID my new python

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    Normals vary alot to the point of making thoses beginners/unexpierenced think hey have something special when they dont.

its just a normal nothing more nothing less.
    Jeez if everyone had that attitude we wouldn't have half the morphs we do today. Just sayin.

I think posting more pictures from the top, not holding the snake, would help! Maybe a belly picture or two as well. Beautiful ball, does have an interesting coloration.
    1.3 lovely normals 1.1 Piebald 0.1 red tail boa (Pandora) 1.0 sinaloan milk snake and one nasty corn snake! 2.3.1 Cresties 0.0.1 chahoua 0.0.1 leachianus
    1.1 Ferrets (Snoball & Panda)

Thanks
    I think they are great looking snakes, and unless you were planing on using them for breeding, does it matter now they are norms or not? I have a beautiful normal who has very few aliens ( only 2) and think she is one of the most beautiful snakes I have seen ( ok so I am a little biased!).

As for the $100 for the pair, I think if you didn't have access to a show, or the ability to order from a breeder, then you got a fair price for the pair. Sadly, Craigslist is full of scammers. Up here, most of the morphs found on Craigslist run much higher then they would anywhere else. Example, I contacted a guy who listed a male spider. Turns out he wanted $400 for him. Good luck with that!

As long as YOU are happy, then $100 for the pair is worth the years of joy you will get from them! Congrats on 2 beautiful snakes!!
    Last edited by BroknBusted; 05-13-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BroknBusted View Post
    I think they are great looking snakes, and unless you were planing on using them for breeding, does it matter now they are norms or not? I have a beautiful normal who has very few aliens ( only 2) and think she is one of the most beautiful snakes I have seen ( ok so I am a little biased!).

As for the $100 for the pair, I think if you didn't have access to a show, or the ability to order from a breeder, then you got a fair price for the pair. Sadly, Craigslist is full of scammers. Up here, most of the morphs found on Craigslist run much higher then they would anywhere else. Example, I contacted a guy who listed a male spider. Turns out he wanted $400 for him. Good luck with that!

As long as YOU are happy, then $100 for the pair is worth the years of joy you will get from them! Congrats on 2 beautiful snakes!!

Thanks! I really do like them, they (in my eyes) are both unique, I was really wanting to get into breeding though...so it kind of puts a damper on that...guess I will just have to save up to get a carmel albino male and a couple of rad females for him...just gonna take longer than I thought...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

You might want to save a little bit longer than that and get an ultramel female.

No kinking issues and, once she is up to size, you could get visuals in about a year rather than the three years if you started with a male.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

BigJ (05-13-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

You might want to save a little bit longer than that and get an ultramel female.

No kinking issues and, once she is up to size, you could get visuals in about a year rather than the three years if you started with a male.

dr del
    Thanks!

I do have a question regarding the "pastel". When I fed her the other day, she seemed to get a wobble, just like I have seen with spiders. Is it possible for a normal to have a wobble, or am I just crazy??

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

So your year of research did you little good if you cannot identify a Pastel.

Come on. I am not saying every Pastel is easy to identify, but your snakes looks like a normal, and about as normal as they come, and a nice reduced patterned animal. You should NOT be happy with your purchase. You paid $100 for what were supposed to be two Morphs, and got two Normals. You taking this lying down is the reason so many scammers stay in business, and live to prey on others. You paid $100 for probably about $25 worth of Ball Pythons. Ball breeders sell their normals CHEAP, all you need to do is ask. A $100 here would get you a nice Pastel male and a normal female or two.

Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Even though they sure look like normals, not all normals are equal.

You've got some VERY pretty normals there, and if you're happy with them then enjoy them

Spend time with this community and you'll develop an eye for most morphs yourself, and that'll help make sure you don't accidentally mislabel an animal as a morph that it isn't if you end up breeding/selling anything, as well as being able to pick specific morphs that you may be interested in adding to your collection

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (05-16-2011)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456