Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,251

2 members and 3,249 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Wink Funny story ????

I was in my local convience store and the owner just loves to ask me and my son about our snake A woman from my building over heard the conversation and started flipping out! she litterally was shaking asking if I 'really have a snake" and saying "its going to constrict your son" I have never seen the look of sheer terror in someones eyes like that before!! She was going on and on I was trying to educate her but she couldnt hear a word her fear had taken over Really I was trying NOT to laugh (I did ) finally the store owner said he was joking and it wasnt a snake it was a bunny my son wouldnt have the lie!! I put my hand over his mouth and letf
    So an hour later I had a knock on my door!! The lady from the store in tears and very nervous she wanted to see the bunny said she wouldnt be able to sleep thinking there was a sanke in the building!! My son (4yrs) popped his head out and said "look lady fluffy IS a SNAKE wanna see?" she went screaming and crying down the hall
    I felt So bad UNTIL a second knock!! It was building security asking If I had a snake that was "at large and harassing the neighbours" needless to say I invited him in took Fluffy out and he even held him!!
    I told him to tell her we had a rabbit so she could sleep but if she came to my door again I would show her what Fluffy really is!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I guess she is suffering from Ophidiophobia.

Check this link out for more on this real life affliction.

http://10-most-common-phobias.com/snake-phobia

In a way it is funny, but I'm sure it isn't to her. At least you tried your best to talk to her.

If the building security is on your side, at least she shouldn't be able to have you evicted.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks
    I'm not familiar with Canada rent code, but here in the US it would be highly unlikely that they could evict you for that. The only way would be if there is language in your lease specifically disallowing snakes, reptiles, or pets. They still might try, but you would win the lawsuit.

As for the scared lady. Phobias are real, and we should respect that. HOWEVER, this is not a case of the lady being involuntarily confronted by the snake. In-fact she confronted you with her irrational fear. Do people with a phobia of heights, harass people who mountain climb for sport? No. I would suggest to ignore her. If she continues to make a fuss, it could be considered harassment; so long as you aren't doing anything to provoke her.
    Last edited by LizardPants; 05-07-2011 at 11:21 PM.